OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wolf Springs (benelli guns)

Started by reynolds243, March 14, 2015, 11:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reynolds243

thread reminded me to ask about this.

anyone use the Extra power recoil spring and extra power hammer spring, do you have any issues having this spring in and shooting light loads? 

id like to get one for my M2 20 gauge but i use that gun for more then turkey and didn't want to have to change springs out. 

anyone use the hammer spring vs the recoil spring?

hunter22

I am using the Wolf springs in my two Benelli's but I only turkey hunt with them. I kept the factory springs to put back if I decide to shoot light loads. It doesn't take but just a couple minutes to change out the springs.

WV Ridge Reaper

I have one in the M2 12ga and never touch it..It shoots everything from dove loads to turkey loads.

I just ordered one for the M2 20ga and was told by a friend not to shoot the extra power spring if I was shooting light loads.

Haven't messed with the hammer spring but I am curious about it.

If you get one,don't get your finger in the way of the action..I would say you would be down to 9 1/2 fingers.

They slam hard,I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reynolds243

Yeah I want it to slam shut on the 20. Did you get the standard power for the 20?

Proverbs 3:5
"Trust in the lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding"

Sent from my phone because I'm that cool

WV Ridge Reaper

No I got the extra power..Should be here next week.

reynolds243

Are you just gonna Change the spring in the 20 if you do light load shooting?

"Trust in the lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding"

WV Ridge Reaper

I will see if they eject with the extra power spring..If they don't then I'll have to swap springs when I shoot light loads.

As far as I know thats the only problem..Is the light loads don't have enough recoil to function the spring.So I'll find out if mine will or not.

K9Doc

Got the extra power spring in my 20 & 12
They slam the bolt shut!!! I like it because
I don't worry so much about it coming out
Of battery and having a click.

I can tell you neither of mine will eject a light
Load. Just keep your old springs for dove.
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

WV Ridge Reaper

Just wanted to give a update..Got my wolf extra power spring in and tried 3 light loads...It would not cycle them.

Looks like I'll just swap springs when dove hunting or shooting clays

reynolds243

Thanks bud. I may actually buy the light spring and heavy and juts switch back and forth in my 20 gauge