Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A buddy is looking for a choke, but.....

Started by mastevt, March 13, 2015, 08:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastevt

I have no clue what fits it since I have all Mossbergs.  He has a Remington 1100 magnum, that takes 3in shells.  He bought an aftermarket barrel for it, so it now has screw in chokes.  He wants to shoot heavy 13s.  I suggested a jellyhead .660, since that is what I got in my 500, and worked so well.  So, can anyone tell me what fits it?  Does anyone have something that will work well with H13 that they want to part with?  Scott.

SKFOOTER

Since it is an aftermarket barrel it may not have Rem Choke threads like the Remington barrels do.  So his best bet is to find someone with some Rem Chokes and see if they fit.

mastevt

Izzyjoe

If it accepts rem chokes, sky's the limit! Just deppends how much he wants to spend on one. You can get an Undertaker choke for around $20, or a Kicks GT for around $55, and they go up from there!

mastevt

Quote from: Izzyjoe on March 14, 2015, 04:16:37 PM
If it accepts rem chokes, sky's the limit! Just deppends how much he wants to spend on one. You can get an Undertaker choke for around $20, or a Kicks GT for around $55, and they go up from there!

was hoping to find one on here for him.  Help two people out at the same time.  Doesn't look like anybody has anything.  He's gonna check out Bass Pro.   They got the primos Jelly Head for $59.99. 

Oconeeguy

Rem barrels seem to like Jellyhead chokes. Mine likes Jellyhead .665 best ;)

SKFOOTER

The new Jellyhead Maximum with the green on them don't seem to pattern as well as the original all black Jellyhead.  check out EBAY or Gunbroker.