OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The Ultimate Choice

Started by MEbeardlover, March 11, 2015, 09:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MEbeardlover

Ok, if you could only run one type of call for the remainder of your turkey hunting career, what would it be and why? I'm not talking about a brand, but a type. So, what's your pleasure? Diaphragm? Pot call? Box call? Tube? Wing bone? Something else? Looking forward to replies.

BABS9

That's a tough one but I have to say mouth call because of the no movement and hands free aspect.

Turkeyman62

A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

callmakerman

otis

outdoors

IT'S  THE GRAND OLD. >  SLATE <
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

allchokedup

Diaphragm. Hands free and I get a more realistic turkey sounds out of a diaphragm call.

drum817

Quote from: allchokedup on March 11, 2015, 10:20:28 PM
Diaphragm. Hands free and I get a more realistic turkey sounds out of a diaphragm call.

^^^THIS^^^
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

nyhunter

Mouth call , But i would make dang sure my hunting partner "my son" had a SS Box call in his Vest :icon_thumright:

PALongspur

More often than not in the woods I've got a box in my hands.

That would be my choice.

worth612000

first one to vote pot call. Ol Well!

M Sharpe

I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Snoodsniper

perrytrails

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Snoodsniper on March 12, 2015, 08:01:04 AM
Diaphragm

Probably this, you can go soft to loud, purrs to gobbles, and be hands free and not worry about weather. Actually sometimes I wonder why a spend so much on pots, strikers, box calls, ect ect when I could tag out on a pocket full of $5-8 mouth calls and a few shells every year

Oh well, back to ordering more calls
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>