turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

shot pattern

Started by gobblinfever, March 10, 2015, 10:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblinfever

Do you all worry a lot if your guns pattern is shooting slightly to left or right? Still getting sot in head and neck area.
Nothing better than turkey huntin

ericjames

What are you referring to as slightly off?  I don't really worry about it if the spot you aiming at. Is somewhere inside of the 10" circle. But I don't want my pattern to be 3-4"consistently outside the  10"

ericjames

One like this is ok for me as long as its not much more off.

Now this pattern if I am continuously hitting like this something is wrong. I knew I pulled this one on the shot. I shot a few more times to make sure my sights were right and confirm poi is with poa.

These are my patterns so I'm not picking on anyone but myself.

gobblinfever

Quote from: ericjames on March 10, 2015, 10:15:01 AM
What are you referring to as slightly off?  I don't really worry about it if the spot you aiming at. Is somewhere inside of the 10" circle. But I don't want my pattern to be 3-4"consistently outside the  10"
if I'mshooting at a turkey target paper my pattern which is really tight at 20 is a couple inches left of turkey head.
Nothing better than turkey huntin

deerbasshunter3

My POI is maybe an inch to the right of my POA at 10 yards. Out to 40, it is still lethal. This is my 10 yard target:

deerbasshunter3

And this is my 40 yard target:

ericjames

That pattern looks good.

Gooserbat

I would personally find a way to fix my poi to match my poa.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Snoodsniper

I want my pattern dead center of poi. No different than a rifle because at 7-8 steps it might as well be.

snapper1982

Quote from: gobblinfever on March 10, 2015, 11:54:55 AM
Quote from: ericjames on March 10, 2015, 10:15:01 AM
if I'mshooting at a turkey target paper my pattern which is really tight at 20 is a couple inches left of turkey head.

If it is off that much I would correct it.

BowBendr

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 10, 2015, 06:18:49 PM
I would personally find a way to fix my poi to match my poa.

Agreed.
I shot 5 extra rounds yesterday moving my POI less than 1.5" to the right.
My OCD's won't let me have it any other way.

Sent from Gobblers Knob, NC

beagler

Never Misses