Previous topic - Next topic

K9Doc

Just had some smaller square to rectangular
Cardboard to shoot.
Calculated a 10" and 20" circle:
Same square inches as shooting a 8.75" square
Inside a 17.75" square.
Just incase anyone was wondering.
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

g8rvet

Pie are squared?

Maybe in Mississippi. In Florida, pie are round. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

K9Doc

MDSTRUTNRUT

Circles just seems best for comparison between guns and loads for consistency.    10"circle at 40 yards is a 10" circle across the whole world and no  matter where you are or what you shoot it gives everyone an idea how it performs and you can compare your own gun and load to the rest of the "EXPERTS".   Circles also have the same distance from center while squares do not and can make a difference in the #'s  AND MY PIE PLATES ARE ROUND & 10"   LOL!    BUT HEY IF IT WORKS FOR YOU AND ITS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT!

BandedSpur

Cause turkeys aren't in season yet.

beagler

I'm no good at drawing hexagons.
Never Misses

LARRYHAYNES

LARRY

born2hunt

Most of the patterns I have shot have been kinda roundish. Circles just seem to fit better. Now if they made a square gun barrel with square turkey loads and we might start shooting square targets. :toothy9:
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

K9Doc

Longshanks

Most patterns are round unless there are some serious problems. Measuring with a circle is just kind of natural.

owlhoot

you guys are silly    :goofball:

everyone knows that every hunt camp has at least one 10" skillet to draw around with a pencil.

outdoors

THERE HAS BEEN A TIME OR TWO OR A FEW WINDOWS THAT IVE HAD TO SHOOT AND THEY WHERE
                                              :o.   SQUARE.   :icon_thumright:
                                                   through the trees
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

SpitNDrumN

Barrels are round. There for your patten is supposed to be round. A circle is the best way to gather data on how a gun, choke, and load performs.

DAk28

For me it is an easy way to break down my pattern, and find the center of it. Once I center it I can move to the poi I want.

Hooks' n' Beards'

I wouldn't and couldn't be bothered to waste my time counting holes in a circle.I put a turkey target up and shoot from 10-50 yards,if i like pattern,i go kill birds,still waiting for a gobbler to care.