turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Primos shooting Federal Heavyweights?

Started by turkey buster, March 08, 2015, 04:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey buster

Just watch the Primos 26 video and looks they swapped to Federal Heavyweights. Anyone know any info on what load they are shooting? Shells size/shot

Xtrema30

i might been wrong but i thought i seen a indian creek choke tube in a gun or two. i did see the jelly head max in some of there guns but I'm almost positive i seen indian creeks in a few

turkey buster

I noticed mysef they didn't all have the new Jellyhead Max with green rings. But I thought the others looked like the old Jellyhead to me.

Did you notice them shooting the HW shells?

stinkpickle

On the TV show I watched today, it certainly looked they were using the old Jellyheads.  They mentioned "Federal" shells but didn't say what type or anything.

turkey buster

I'm curious because on here most people shooting hw is using 20 gauges. Don't see many post of 12 gauge users

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

turkey buster

I doubt it's the 3rd degree. It one clip of jimmy taking another's shells as a joke it looked like a camo box (heavyweights)

taylorjones20

I talked to the primos guys last year (2014) at the NWTF and they said they were going to be shooting something federal had come out with.  Then I talked to them again this year (2015) and they said they were going back to Nitro.
Alive only by the Grace Of God

Gobble!

Quote from: taylorjones20 on March 08, 2015, 09:04:37 PM
I talked to the primos guys last year (2014) at the NWTF and they said they were going to be shooting something federal had come out with.  Then I talked to them again this year (2015) and they said they were going back to Nitro.

If they are using jellyhead or Indian Creek chokes my guess is they are shooting something other than federal, no matter what they say.

Xtrema30

Idk aint there a commercial for the 3rd degree federals and wills promoting them.

taylorjones20

Will may be.  I guess I should have clarified that I talked to the group of guys that were primos last year and have now left primos and are working with the bone collector crew for a new show.  (That's what they told me at the NWTF convention this year) And they said they were going to be shooting nitros this year.  I think Nitro Company was/is building a shell for them...
Alive only by the Grace Of God

K9Doc

They are all about the money.
Why even worry with what they shoot.
Half of us on here can out hunt them anyway.
Hell. They hunt in a Zoo
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

joey46

If they are using an Indian Creek they probably aren't using Federal shells.  Indian Creek's web site still warns about any "flite control" wads shot through their chokes.  Many of these type shells need a open choke to perform well.  That recent Hornady turkey shell recommends an improved cyl choke.  Always good to read the box before purchase.

Agree - they will use the products that sponsor them.   

turkey buster

Quote from: K9Doc on March 09, 2015, 12:11:12 AM
They are all about the money.
Why even worry with what they shoot.
Half of us on here can out hunt them anyway.
Hell. They hunt in a Zoo

I agree to an extent. The question I'm making in what they are shooting is it appears to be the heavy weights through 12 gauges. On this site you don't see that done much. If you search HW shells you are gonna see post from 20 gauge users mostly.

A few observations from myself is 1) if it is hw they are using ported chokes and it's unsafe and 2) was that I watched them shoot several that I'd say was longer than 40 and had to pull multiple shots on some of them. I seen the same thing on the new cuttin and struttin movie also.

chatterbox

You can shoot the flight control through a ported choke. Indian Creek is the only manufacturer that warns about it.
The 20 ga heviweight is amazing. The 12 is too much of a hassle to bother with.