turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

moss 5500mkii

Started by rp2210, March 08, 2015, 01:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rp2210

just got a old 5500 moss. wondering if anyone knows anything about them good or bad ?

rp2210

any info on what chokes and shot to buy ?

Rockhound

I've got one in old school camo, I love that gun and it gets hunted each season.

I have got great patterns with a kicks 660 with just about any load I've used

philipriley16

I300ve got one in old school camo as well. They are talked about as being junk around my neck of woods but mine has been through some of ky ' s nastiest season no problem. I've been running a jelly head and long beard 3" #5 and I'll tell you if I miss judge my range a few yards with the 20,30, and 40 pattern I get I'm fine

rp2210

well all thats good to know... the kicks what i had in mind although i dont think you can shoot hevi thru them

Rockhound

Yes you can, that's what I shoot in that exact gun hevi 6s and magblend

rp2210

oh really! thats awsome on bass pro it says lead only so i wasint sure.... ive heard alot of good of the kicks, dont really have the money to be buying multiple 50plus dollar chokes.. i thank everyone for the info

wvmntnhick

Well, if you don't want to buy a ton of chokes and want something you don't have to worry about when it comes to load selection, check out a choke from Sumtoy. I did and that's all my turkey rigs will ever wear again. Are there better chokes out there? Possibly, but I'll never know at this point.