OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Richey's Adjustable Scratch Box

Started by pappy, March 08, 2015, 12:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

History is what you make of it, and this is a piece of pure turkey call history, no matter what! Made back in the '40's Generally, his calls were made from walnut with poplar sides although some of the older calls were all black walnut. Some of the earlier calls (this call is all walnut) he made in the late 1940's came in the green boxes with "Pat Pending" stamped on the box.  The call is a scratch box which had adjusting screws on the top of the striking board. The 2 screws would pull / push the board tight or loose to make different tones. There was a small blade on the wooden striker which functioned as the screwdriver. This is a very collectible call, from all indications from the '40's since it is a walnut/walnut call, box is green and not in the best shape, but neither am I and I and only 62 this call is 70 - 75+ years old! You will get the call, striker, box and divider...as pictured, a true collectible piece of turkey call making history.  75.00 to your door, pm me, thanks pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

mgm1955

Nice piece of turkey hunting history Jack!