turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

youth hunt in Tn

Started by harvester, March 22, 2011, 10:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harvester

who all is taken their kids this weekend?

I know that i am taking my oldest boy Isaiah and just maybe middle son. Have to wait and see on Jeremiah

nctrkyhntr

good luck this weekend cant wait to read the report

mfd1027

Good luck with the boys!!  Hope you guys pop a biggun.
Dan

gob09

im takin kaitlyn to new spot not goin to take a gun though just goin to look for sign for the opener

harvester

Wes, you and Kaitlyn have a good time this weekend.

Thanks everybody, hope I can get him an ole longbeard. :z-guntootsmiley:

gob09

thanks dustin vgood luck to your boys are they fightin about who gets to shoot first
:character0029: i would love it if she would get behind the gun but i guess she will in her own time im glad she likes to go

harvester

Jeremiah, middle boy, really hasn't said to much about going but Isaiah has been talking to the other boys at school and he is wantin to get a turkey. So its on, I am going to do whatever it takes to get him one, even if if means not gettin a bird myself. It will be much more enjoyable if he gets his first bird. I plan on hunting some during the week for me, if I can but I am going to dedicate the weekends to him, if he wants to go.

Take a gun with you this weekend anyway, even if she doesn't want to shoot one. The opportunity will be their if she changes her mind after she hears one gobble.  :icon_thumright:

ElkTurkMan

Good Luck with the youngster guys  I hope y'all roll some birds.

gob09

Quote from: harvester on March 25, 2011, 09:00:34 AM
Jeremiah, middle boy, really hasn't said to much about going but Isaiah has been talking to the other boys at school and he is wantin to get a turkey. So its on, I am going to do whatever it takes to get him one, even if if means not gettin a bird myself. It will be much more enjoyable if he gets his first bird. I plan on hunting some during the week for me, if I can but I am going to dedicate the weekends to him, if he wants to go.

Take a gun with you this weekend anyway, even if she doesn't want to shoot one. The opportunity will be their if she changes her mind after she hears one gobble.  :icon_thumright:
we are ;)

unclerick

Good luck to all you youth hunting this week end, hope ya'll smoke a fatty, I'd like to go but I wasn't invited, so I quess I'll just go and listen and try to find some birds.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

harvester

Well we had a good morning. Heard one gobble 3 or 4 times. The first place we went to didn't hear nothing so we crossed the road and was working our way along the field edge. I was kee keeing and yelping on a slate as we was walking. Had some hens start answering me back and we got into a pretty heated argument. Bout 300 yards down the holler we heard him gobble and kept going in that direction while still talking to the hens. Finally got his location but he was across the creek. At that point had the hens 150 yards up the holler, gobbler 150 yards down across the holler and a house right in the middle. Got to spot where I thought I could call him across but the dang gum ole dog at the house started barking and shut everything up. Hunt over. It was fun, going back in there in the moring.

Needless to say, I think that they are a week or two yet from gettin fired up. Just starting to show some interest.

unclerick

Quote from: harvester on March 26, 2011, 09:59:24 AM
Well we had a good morning. Heard one gobble 3 or 4 times. The first place we went to didn't hear nothing so we crossed the road and was working our way along the field edge. I was kee keeing and yelping on a slate as we was walking. Had some hens start answering me back and we got into a pretty heated argument. Bout 300 yards down the holler we heard him gobble and kept going in that direction while still talking to the hens. Finally got his location but he was across the creek. At that point had the hens 150 yards up the holler, gobbler 150 yards down across the holler and a house right in the middle. Got to spot where I thought I could call him across but the dang gum ole dog at the house started barking and shut everything up. Hunt over. It was fun, going back in there in the moring.

Needless to say, I think that they are a week or two yet from gettin fired up. Just starting to show some interest.
Dustin sounds like ya'll had a pretty good mourning hunting with some action, I bet that boy had fun.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

mossybird

Taking my little brother this weekend

harvester

Well the good news is we went saturday and heard a bird but neither one of the boys wanted to back after him Sunday. :'(  I know where I will be saturday before daylight. :icon_thumright: