turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Super elite or tatr 2?

Started by Swampchickin234, March 05, 2015, 11:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampchickin234

Please help me decide.  Do I need the new super elite or the tatr 2?  Tough decisions.  Please help!   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeyman62

A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

Gooserbat

I had an old super elite till it wore out now I've got the tater ll.  I vote for the tater II
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Swampchickin234

I just wish I could try a tatr on before I order it. I know how the super elite fits but just Leary of gettin the tatr 2 and not liking it.  From what everyone says about them though I'm sure I would like.   At the same time, I can get the super elite in original bottomland........   Idk what I should do.   

Gooserbat

Fit and function is more important than looks.  Are we here to kill turkeys or have a Paris fashion show.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

gsp

tatr 2 for me. I'm fortunate enough to have a cabelas an hour away.

tomstopper

Swampchickin234

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 06, 2015, 12:05:32 AM
Fit and function is more important than looks.  Are we here to kill turkeys or have a Paris fashion show.
that made me laugh.  Maybe that wasn't to clear though.  I know what a super elite fits like, I know the pocket layout, I know where everything goes, etc.   I don't know everything on the tatr, that Is why I am asking.  Maybe I should just try the tatr 2 and be done with it.  Thank you for you're comments everyone

kjnengr

I bought a tactical tat'r II this year after using a super elite for several years.  I like how the seat flips up and down and doesn't have to be clipped like the super elite.  I hunt in some places that get pretty hot and the tat'r II is more open which should breath better.  So far the tat'r has places for everything that I had before.  Also, size for size they fit me the same.  I will be able to give a better review after actually using this year.

Gobble!

After having a TatR II and a TatR III I have to say I like the III more.

55esox

I have used both and prefer the Tat'r II. I think the elite has a better pocket layout, but the 2 main reasons I prefer the Tat'r is you can really snug the vest tight which helps out a ton for long rough walks, and when it gets wet it doesn't drag me down near as much as the elite did (my old elite was the pre mesh ones so that might be why).

The seat on the Tat'r is great, and the gamebag is plenty big. The pockets are ok in my opinion. It does bug me that they do not have shell loops though.

Gobble!

Quote from: 55esox on March 06, 2015, 10:56:26 AM
I have used both and prefer the Tat'r II. I think the elite has a better pocket layout, but the 2 main reasons I prefer the Tat'r is you can really snug the vest tight which helps out a ton for long rough walks, and when it gets wet it doesn't drag me down near as much as the elite did (my old elite was the pre mesh ones so that might be why).

The seat on the Tat'r is great, and the gamebag is plenty big. The pockets are ok in my opinion. It does bug me that they do not have shell loops though.

Thats a major reason I got the III. Hated the shells bouncing around.

honker22

Quote from: kjnengr on March 06, 2015, 10:15:01 AM
I bought a tactical tat'r II this year after using a super elite for several years.  I like how the seat flips up and down and doesn't have to be clipped like the super elite.  I hunt in some places that get pretty hot and the tat'r II is more open which should breath better.  So far the tat'r has places for everything that I had before.  Also, size for size they fit me the same.  I will be able to give a better review after actually using this year.

I'm in the same exact boat as this guy.  I think the new tat'r II will be better than my SE3
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

Timmer

I haven't seen the Super Elite but I have owned several vests and love my Tatr 2.  Just in looking, I think the Tatr would be more open in your upper chest and shoulders and not be as hot.
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

kjnengr

They should have put shell loops on the tactical tat'r II, but I will probably just put a rubber band around three shells and just stuff them in one of the pockets. 

At least the tactical tat'r II has an elastic cinch on the box call pocket.  I wont have to use a rubber band or Velcro strap on my box calls anymore.