OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

boots

Started by porcupine, March 04, 2015, 11:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

porcupine

everywhere that I've gone after birds my muck boots have been the bee's knees, however this year I'm going to the Black Hills are my tried and true mucks gonna cut it in that terrain?
In addition in the next couple years going to co. For elk ...any recommendations as I would like to break them in before I go after Miriam's through the Black Hills ...thanks, thad

M22

bammerslammer 50

Irish setter vapertek. Awesome boot. Well worth the money.

K9Doc

Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

DirtNap647

I like the under armour speed freak light weight, gore tex nice for spring turkey

Chilly

Meindl from cabelas.  Pricey but worth it imo.
Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

mgm1955

Quote from: M22 on March 04, 2015, 11:14:56 PM
Danner pronghorn
IMO the best. Worn them for years with no problems.

porcupine

Looks like the pronghorn is the frontrunner gonna have to check em out! Thanks

Gobspur

Hello, new here and love this forum! 

Thought I'd share the boots I've found best.  Salomon Quest 4D GTX.  Hands down best boots I've ever had.  Gortex and lightweight...if you move a lot.  Internet reviews speak for them too....check'em out.  Salomon makes great shoes and boots.

TauntoHawk

Meindl ultralight, are the best boots Ive ever worn and I have some pricy Lowe's. They handled some mean mountain terrain in the Catskills like it was nothing
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ceejay

Danner Pronghorns are very light, flexible and comfortable.  However, if you hunt rugged or mountainous terrain you'll most likely wish you had opted for a boot that offers more lateral support and is a stiffer than the Pronghorn.  The Meindl boots that Cabelas offers are a really good choice if they fit your foot well.  The Solomon boot would be good as well, but I would want something a little taller. 

870FaceLift

I too have used Muck boots for years and have loved them, but bought a pair of pronghorns this year for a trip out west.  Like you, I was looking for a boot that I can put some miles on that might function better than the Mucks.  I can tell you that you will not be disappointed with the Danners.  I received mine two weeks ago and have started to break them in on trail walks and chores around the house.  These will not disappoint.  The quality is excellent and the fit and feel are amazing.
Pass it on...

Gooserbat

Danners have always served me well.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

zelmo1

:fud: Danner High Ground are very comfortable also. I wear my mucks in the swampy areas we hunt but up in the hills I like the boots with more support.  I have a pair of Meindl Sheep Hunters and they are outstanding. 15 years old, I hate to retire them. All good choices mentioned here.