OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Strutter Fan..Does this look ok?

Started by cornfedkiller, March 02, 2015, 03:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cornfedkiller

So this is the tail fan holder off of another decoy that I am thinking about using on my DSD strutter decoy because I really like the way it folds up, BUT I'm concerned that it sits a little too high and doesn't look quite right.  What do you guys think? Just fine, or don't use it?

2eagles

I'd shorten those tall feathers in the middle so all are about the same length and use it.

cornfedkiller

Quote from: 2eagles on March 02, 2015, 04:56:35 PM
I'd shorten those tall feathers in the middle so all are about the same length and use it.

I actually made it that way (shortened all the other ones besides the middle 4) so that it looked like a jake and wasnt quite as intimidating.

alclark2

I think the turkeys will love it! I hope it gets flogged appropriately.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

northms

jblackburn

Looks fine to me.  There used to be a thread on here of a black painted milk jug with a cartoon turkey head and a real fan.  Looked silly, but game cam pictures showed toms going after it.  Might have been guesswho's thread, can't remember.

Bottomline, it looks great and will work well enough.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Gobble!

looks fine. you could remove 10 feathers and it would still work. I use a silk fan with mine just because its easier to carry.

Mike Honcho

That will work just fine.  I made one (the fan holder that folds) and have used it three seasons.

strut2

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

J Hook Max

Good enough to get you shot. Let's pray not.

tha bugman

zelmo1

:turkey2: It should work just fine. I picked up a Killer B and Dirty B from Cabelas bargain cane for $93 and put a small full fan on Killer B and a jake tail on Dirty B. I think they will work just fine. Good Luck

Struthunter

Quote from: cornfedkiller on March 02, 2015, 05:12:13 PM
Quote from: 2eagles on March 02, 2015, 04:56:35 PM

I actually made it that way (shortened all the other ones besides the middle 4) so that it looked like a jake and wasnt quite as intimidating.
Right. Looks good. Set it up wisely.

cwaggg