turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Case for wingbone

Started by Quackwacker NC, March 02, 2015, 12:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quackwacker NC

Anyone know of a good case to store one in when carrying in a vest scared to break it

callmakerman

Find a big enough piece of river cane, turn some end caps and you would be good to go. Dave ( Blackfalcon on here) had some real nice case's he was making for trumpet and wing bones.

M Sharpe

Quote from: Quackwacker NC on March 02, 2015, 12:08:56 AM
Anyone know of a good case to store one in when carrying in a vest scared to break it

I carry mine around my neck on a lanyard. Why carry it in the vest??
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

paboxcall

Quote from: outdoors on March 02, 2015, 08:32:41 AM
AROUND MY  NECK ALSO.  :icon_thumright:

:agreed:  And keep the wingbone tucked inside my buttoned shirt when moving, just to keep it from swinging around.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

FinBonZ

I know Kevin Lynch came up with some knife cases that weren't too big but fit a wing bone well.  Cheap too.

mgm1955

:agreed:
Quote from: paboxcall on March 02, 2015, 10:01:34 AM
Quote from: outdoors on March 02, 2015, 08:32:41 AM
AROUND MY  NECK ALSO.  :icon_thumright:

:agreed:  And keep the wingbone tucked inside my buttoned shirt when moving, just to keep it from swinging around.

M Sharpe

You can go to any hardware store and buy the plastic tubes with the colored end caps, like the one Realtors put their flyers in. That's what I carry them in to the shows.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

idratherb

West Augusta

I cut a short piece of PVC pipe and covered it with camo tape and stuffed foam packing in the ends.  I carry a cane yelper in it that doesn't have a lanyard
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

M Sharpe

Quote from: West Augusta on March 02, 2015, 09:41:33 PM
I cut a short piece of PVC pipe and covered it with camo tape and stuffed foam packing in the ends.  I carry a cane yelper in it that doesn't have a lanyard

Steve, do you need a lanyard?? I can't imagine anyone selling one with out.

nitro

I buy the clear tubes from U-Line.

For transportation in the field I sometimes use a knife case from A.G. Russell.  They do the job and are relatively inexpensive and come in different lengths too.

http://www.agrussell.com/nylon-zipper-case-1-3-4-x-4-1-2/p/CZNhhh1442/
Royal Slam 2008