OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Custom wingbone

Started by okiegobblers, March 01, 2015, 11:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okiegobblers

I was at a hunting show in OKC today and talked to a custom wingbone guy who had a booth. Had some really nice calls, but one in particular caught my eye. It was a custom wingbone call with a gobbler spur attached in the middle of the call. It was beautiful. I asked about it and he said that a person can send him the wing bone and a spur of a turkey they harvested and he will make a call out of it. What a way to preserve a trophy of your bird plus get a truly one of a kind call. Is this something all custom wingbone guys offer? I dont know anything about wingbones and dont own any, so Im just curious.

FinBonZ

Yes it is a great way to preserve a trophy!  Lots of guys just want the spurs saved and not to be used on a call.  Below are a few that I have made in the past.  There are a few call makers that design calls with the spur incorporated.  Andy Snair is one that comes to mind.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Steve Finney
Finbonz Custom Wingbone Turkey Calls

FinBonZ

okiegobblers

Thanks Fin, those look great. Exactly what I was talking about.

mgm1955

Those are some fine looking wingbones! Great job!

West Augusta

Steve (FinBonZ) makes an excellent wingbone call.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.