OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

835 tactical safety question...?

Started by DirtNap647, February 28, 2015, 10:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtNap647

I want to get a steel tactical safety for my 835. my factory plastic one is very stiff and few on here have said the steel one makes it buch better question is can you just change the plastic button or do you have to buy the whole kit (button,spring,ball,detent) to make it smooth

dirt road ninja

I only change the button. Keep and reused all the other stock components. It's a very easy install.

DirtNap647

was it smoother operating my factory is very stiff gun is only 3 yrs old

dirt road ninja

Not really any smoother, it allows you to apply pressure with more surface area and leverage giving the feeling of smoother operation.

Skeeterbait

Hardest part is removing the original screw as the head is meant to go one way.  I used a drimmel and a cutting wheel to carefully cut a slot in it for a flat head screw driver to back it out.  You will have an easier time if you have a gun vice you can mount the gun in with the barrel angled down so the safety is horizontal and both hands are free.  Remove the trigger assembly as the safety block up inside will fall out once the screw is removed.  It works best to have someone hold the safety block in place while you work.  There is a stiff spring, steel ball and slide plate under the button.  If they are not worn you can reuse them but loose one and your done without the kit.  Carefully place the spring and ball in hole, lay the plate over them and place the new button on top while you start the new screw.  The button can be put on either direction so decide which way you want it ahead of time.

DirtNap647

really you have to take the whole trigger out and disassemble the gun...?  I thought it was just one screw and done

Skeeterbait

That one screw is the only thing holding the safety block up inside the receiver.  It needs to be held in place while the new screw is put in.  Just drive out the two pins holding the trigger assembly and pull it out.  Then look inside the receiver toward the back and you will easily see the safety block.

davisd9

Quote from: Dirt nap on February 28, 2015, 12:10:34 PM
was it smoother operating my factory is very stiff gun is only 3 yrs old

Made mine much smoother and easier to use. Probably the best upgrade I put on the gun, especially with the pistol grip.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

DirtNap647

think I will buy one and give it a try...I see they have none in stock at brownnells of the bigger version davisd9

davisd9

Quote from: Dirt nap on March 01, 2015, 08:51:23 AM
think I will buy one and give it a try...I see they have none in stock at brownnells of the bigger version davisd9

http://elitetacticaladvantage.com/products/shotguns/mossberg/safety.html

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

DirtNap647

snapper1982

Quote from: Dirt nap on March 01, 2015, 08:51:23 AM

Check ebay