OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tat'r II or Tat'r III?  (Read 7430 times)

Offline Mr. Nasty

Tat'r II or Tat'r III?
« on: February 27, 2015, 02:20:43 PM »
I read a lot of guys on here showing the love for the Cabelas Tat'r vests. Can anyone vouch for the Tat'r III? or the Tat'r II the better vest? Was just wondering if anyone had tried both of them and could provide some insight on which one they liked the most.

Offline reynolds243

• Longbeard
  • Lebanon TN
    • Simmons Calls
Re: Tat'r II or Tat'r III?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 02:22:34 PM »
I read a lot of guys on here showing the love for the Cabelas Tat'r vests. Can anyone vouch for the Tat'r III? or the Tat'r II the better vest? Was just wondering if anyone had tried both of them and could provide some insight on which one they liked the most.

the II is the better of the two options in quality and overall layout....both are on sale at cabelas right now though FYI

Offline tomstopper

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 04:54:41 PM »

the II is the better of the two options in quality and overall layout....both are on sale at cabelas right now though FYI
:agreed:

Offline Mr. Nasty

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 05:04:09 PM »
Just blows my mind that the II is so much more popular than the III. Especially when in the description for the III cabelas said they took the best features of the II and added the changes from the II that the customers wanted to make the III.

Looks like the I'm going to have to go with the II though

Offline longbeardbuster

Tat'r II or Tat'r III?
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 09:12:56 PM »

[/quote]

Could you elaborate on what makes the II the better of the vests? Both look awesome.

Offline reynolds243

• Longbeard
  • Lebanon TN
    • Simmons Calls
Tat'r II or Tat'r III?
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 10:25:55 PM »
It's hard to explain without having both in front of you. The pocket layout and functionality is just better on the 2. There is a reason the 3 is cheaper and there is also a reason the 2 is so popular.

The "we took all the bla bla bla of the 2 and made the ultimate vest" is a crock of

Proverbs 3:5
"Trust in the lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding"

Sent from my phone because I'm that cool

Offline longbeardbuster

Tat'r II or Tat'r III?
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 09:06:22 AM »
I just watched two videos on YouTube, one featuring the II and the other featuring the III. From what I saw it looks like they took everything that was useful from the II and removed it from the III. There's no more pull down type tables for your slate calls and GPS. The striker holders on the III are so deep that the user had a really difficult time removing them with ungloved hands. From the two videos I have seen the II is the better of the vests and the one I'll be getting.

Offline tomstopper

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 01:08:37 PM »
I just watched two videos on YouTube, one featuring the II and the other featuring the III. From what I saw it looks like they took everything that was useful from the II and removed it from the III. There's no more pull down type tables for your slate calls and GPS. The striker holders on the III are so deep that the user had a really difficult time removing them with ungloved hands. From the two videos I have seen the II is the better of the vests and the one I'll be getting.
You wont be disappointed and I think there is a used one that I seen in the classified section.....

Offline longbeardbuster

Tat'r II or Tat'r III?
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 06:24:38 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. It's sold already.

Offline Mr. Nasty

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 02:49:56 PM »
I appreciate yall's input.

Offline jay/nc

Tat'r II or Tat'r III?
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 05:59:55 AM »
I love my Tatr III!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk