OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which Decoys ?

Started by jakdup, February 25, 2015, 04:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakdup

What you think fellas..... DSD OR Avian X....

Appreciate your thoughts

2eagles

I'm an Avian X guy. I'm also a napper in the woods. Just can't believe how real they look when I wake up and see my decoy. I have used the breeder and just bought a feeder. Not sure how I will set them up for hunting.

wvlimbhanger

Hands down the DSDs. Very realistic and made in America, can't beat that combo.

Gobble!

Quote from: wvlimbhanger on February 25, 2015, 06:44:56 AM
Hands down the DSDs. Very realistic and made in America, can't beat that combo.

Yep. Either work.

snapper1982

If I were to buy it would be DSD. Avian was bought by Plano senergy and I am set against buying anything the idiot busbice boys have their hands on.

wvlimbhanger

QuoteAvian was bought by Plano senergy and I am set against buying anything the idiot busbice boys have their hands on.

I forgot to mention this as well. 

GSLAM95

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

mudhen

DSD, but I like the Zink jake...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

USMC0331

I have a Dakota jake and Avain X breeding hen. They are 5 for 5 at this time. The DSD look great, however i hunt public land and they do not fold up and that's why I don't use them. Either one will work!

porcupine

DSD!!! And I'm there with you snapper 1982 :icon_thumright:

870FaceLift

I have the Avian jake and lookout hen.  They look good and they've held up good for two plus seasons.  The only negative is their size/weight.  I don't use them much anymore because as mentioned above, you can't just fold em up and tote them anywhere. 
Pass it on...

cornfedkiller

DSD.  I like the posture way more than the Avian X, and I like the hard body better than the inflatable one..

fallsflight

DSD for sure.  Buddy and I had my DSD and his Avian out at the same time.  Toms ignored his Avian and went right to the DSD.

Sent from my 1970s rotary dial phone

mossyhorn9

I looked at both and ended up buying the DSD jake and hen. Both are nice but the DSD's are MUCH more realistic looking.

suburbhunter

Another vote for DSD. Last year was the first year I used the upright hen. Every hen that encountered it tried to peck it to death and it got violated by a jake. Very durable, no scratches or marks were left on it. Contributed to two dead Tom's last year.  :turkey2: