turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Browning A5 turkey choke

Started by Turkeyman10, February 24, 2015, 07:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyman10

I have a new browning A5 and need a turkey choke, I have been looking at the Indian creek chokes.  Anyone have experience with that setup or suggestions on different choke, I will be shooting Winchester longbeard xr or hevi 13's.

SumToy

675 and the Win XR 5's will be a good set up.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Turkeyman10 on February 24, 2015, 07:45:17 PM
I have a new browning A5 and need a turkey choke, I have been looking at the Indian creek chokes.  Anyone have experience with that setup or suggestions on different choke, I will be shooting Winchester longbeard xr or hevi 13's.
First of all welcome to OG. We're glad you're here and look forward to hearing more from you.

Secondly, congratulations. You have a fine gun in that new A5. I would recommend that you "deep clean" the bore, preferably before firing it but any time will be beneficial http://allaboutshooting.com/articles.php?tPath=39

Many of my readers are having great success with the JEB's choke in that shotgun, using both Hevi-13 shells with #6 and #7 shot and also with the WLB shells with #6 shot.

Whatever you choose, all my best with your new gun and in the upcoming season.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

mudhen

Funds being very limited for me at this time, I couldn't use my normal routine of buying several chokes for my New A5.

I cancelled a few choices, and went with the Pure Gold .670.

I should have pattern results in a week or two...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Turkeyman10