turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

good message

Started by misfire, February 24, 2015, 12:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfire

Do all things without complaining.... In everything give thanks....
Philippians 2:14; 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Recommended Reading
Psalm 34:1-3

According to a news item, a man in California had a pet parrot with a lovely British accent, but somehow the bird escaped and went missing four years. Finally the owner and bird were reunited, but there's an odd twist in the tale. The parrot now speaks Spanish. No one knows where the bird went during his sabbatical, but he came back with a whole new vocabulary, jabbering away with words like: gracias, amigo, and por favor.

Life has its odd twists and ruffled feathers; but as we grow in Christ, our vocabulary changes. As we mature in Christ, we do less complaining and more thanking. We learn to look at things through the lens of God's providence and to thank Him for His overruling grace. The apostle Paul said, "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you" (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).

Our lips are the barometer of the heart, and His praise should be continually in our mouths. Today, try to restrain the complaining spirit; in everything give thanks.

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

2eagles

i read this message Tuesday. Wednesday we left for vacation early because a snow storm was predicited to hit Iowa in the AM. Was happy to get out before the storm hit. Headed to FL with an overnight in Chatanooga to divide the trip into two days. Nashville rush hour traffic stinks! Stopped there for dinner and learned of snow between Nashville and Chatanooga. Oh well, being from snowy Iowa and having all wheel drive, I wasn't too worried. The snow was falling fast and traffic was moving slow. Fine. Then two big bumps on the drivers side of our vehicle. Less than a mile later I had a flat tire. Changing tire on the side of the hiway... in six inches of snow..... ttaffic is heavy and fast.

Still much to be thankful for. Only one tire went flat. A trooper came and slowed traffic while I changed the tire. I had thought to bring winter boots, hat, coat and gloves. Even though the whole area was closed the next day, we were able to find a new tire and get on our way before noon. Thank you Lord!!