OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

question for you SBEII guys with FF3

Started by bow junkie, February 24, 2015, 12:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bow junkie

Are there any other options out there other than the very long marlin 336 base. Not really liking the look of a base that is 5 inches long and a sight that is 1 inch. Thanks

01Foreman400

The 336 is the smallest base they make.  It fits the FF3 perfect.  You're thinking of the picatinny rail.

Here is my 336 mount on my SBE 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

taylorjones20

You might ask reynolds243 what he uses on his in this post http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,46168.45.html scroll down a few and look at the setup on his SBE2
Alive only by the Grace Of God

01Foreman400

Quote from: taylorjones20 on February 24, 2015, 01:09:58 PM
You might ask reynolds243 what he uses on his in this post http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,46168.45.html scroll down a few and look at the setup on his SBE2

That's a Burris Speadbead.

Huntin Fool From Georgia!

bow junkie

Quote from: 01Foreman400 on February 24, 2015, 12:35:15 PM
The 336 is the smallest base they make.  It fits the FF3 perfect.  You're thinking of the picatinny rail.

Here is my 336 mount on my SBE 2.

where did you purchase that mount?

taylorjones20

Quote from: 01Foreman400 on February 24, 2015, 02:10:22 PM

Quote from: taylorjones20 on February 24, 2015, 01:09:58 PM

That's a Burris Speadbead.

Oh... My bad lol
Alive only by the Grace Of God

870FaceLift

I use a Speedbead on mine, too.  I'll try to post a pic tonight.  I think the position is excellent.  There are no downsides to this setup that I'm aware of.
Pass it on...

reynolds243

speedbead IMO is the best if you want it as low as possible!  on mine i can actually still stack the beads down the barrel if i need to.  I like mine as low as possible so i don't even notice it is there.  I does infact fit on a SBE2 with a steady grip even though burris doesn't list it.

bow junkie

speed bead doesn't help me, since I have the ff3 already.

reynolds243

you buy JUST the mount, you don't need the whole set up. I bought the mount separately as well.

870FaceLift

Same here, I bought it seperately.  They actually sell Speed Beads for numerous firearm appications, so that you only need one FF.
Pass it on...

turkeyfeather

I used a two piece base and only used the back part ....I belive it was warne brand....works great and plenty "low "enough

SumToy

we just drilled and tap one.  I post pic b4 long.  Got to get the rain to let up so I can shoot it. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

ridgerunner

Those scopes on a turkey gun will cost you guys a bird one day..I had one on for 2 years then threw it in the trash..no need for a scope on a scatter gun.

reynolds243

Quote from: ridgerunner on February 27, 2015, 05:07:56 PM
Those scopes on a turkey gun will cost you guys a bird one day..I had one on for 2 years then threw it in the trash..no need for a scope on a scatter gun.

Hahahah

HAHAHAHHA

Like I said if you use the speed bead you can still actually shoot the bead so even if it fails I can use the gun like normal.

And why in the world would you throw it in the trash lol

Proverbs 3:5
"Trust in the lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding"

Sent from my phone because I'm that cool