OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Schaffers atomic 13

Started by Spitten and drummen, February 23, 2015, 09:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

How does jimmys atomic 13 aluminum call stack up against other top aluminum calls. I ordered one of his revised ones over the weekend. I hope to have it riding along with my platz aluminum this spring. What's everyomes thought on this call?
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

scoot12

I have heard a soundfile and it sounds really good,  I know how Pauls aluminum sounds.  Scoot

Spitten and drummen

I know you do lol. That platz aluminum is hard to top.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

gobbler336

i really like aluminum calls, i called jimmy and he ran a few, i had a hard time but picked one, jimmy said it should come with a dead gobbler guarantee, it is a good aluminum, look forward to see what the gobblers think, but i have some mighty fine aluminums for it to compete against.  mine is a deeper extremely raspy call. 

my wh vision has recorded the most kills, followed by an american friction and closely behind is my bud and betty.  all different sounds but all killers, the one i picked from jimmy is deeper than them all.

MikeStaten

I don't have his Atomic 13 but I do have his aluminum call in a maple pot. It really screams.  High pitch and raspy.  If you are looking to reach out and locate a bird from a distance, it should fit the bill nicely.

TauntoHawk

I didnt get my atomic 13 until after the season last year so I haven't put it in the turkey woods yet. But I like it alot, jimmy was going for a call that had all the volume and  high to deep back end rasp without the overly "metalic" sound in it.

The other aluminums I have is Hallorans maple and hooks cedar pots.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hillbilly yelper

I received my aluminum call about a month ago! Can't put the thing down, my family says it thumps their ears! Can't wait to see what the turkey's think! Hard to beat an Oakridge turkey call!
Tim
New email: lmurdock@k12.wv.us

TauntoHawk

Jimmy has two versions of this call out there, same wood specs but one has 9 holes and then new ones only have 8 with the center hole being replaced by a peice of yellowheart. The new version has a touch more back end rasp.

I have the original and she's a talker, runs great with almost any striker purpleheart, dymondwood, yellowheart, and maccasar ebony all run effortlessly.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Footballer

Well, I called Jimmy last night wanting to listen to one of his slate calls. I ended up buying an Atomic 13. I'm an aluminum junkie and couldn't resist it. I have a Dawkins aluminum, Bud and Betty aluminum, Lights Out aluminum, and a Halloran aluminum. Looking forward to getting the call in my hands!

Bowguy

Was at his shop last night, my buddy bought an aluminum and the tear drop. Both awesome calls, next call I get is his aluminum. Easy to run, sounds awesome

Spitten and drummen

Yes I have six of his calls. Hard to chose which ones to put in my vest. I way too many good sounding pots. I'm going to be rotating them all through the season lol
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Footballer