turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bubble Cluck

Started by Brantley, February 22, 2015, 04:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

A bubble cluck is usually the last thing he hears from me, right before I bust his bubble.  Sometimes I just tell him not to put his head up, they never listen.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

silvestris

I've read somewhere that the term "jake" originated in Arkansas.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

bamagtrdude

Quote from: guesswho on February 23, 2015, 01:55:54 PM
A bubble cluck is usually the last thing he hears from me, right before I bust his bubble.  Sometimes I just tell him not to put his head up, they never listen.

:icon_thumright:  That's what I always thoughts a bubble cluck was, too!!   :TooFunny:

BGD
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

howl

The sound I assume people are talking about isn't made by a turkey.

Hooksfan

Quote from: howl on February 25, 2015, 12:10:36 AM
I had never heard of the term, but as soon as I heard the description, I knew immediately what it was referring to---and yes, turkeys do make the noise.

howl

Quote from: Hooksfan on February 25, 2015, 11:02:11 AM
Quote from: howl on February 25, 2015, 12:10:36 AM
I had never heard of the term, but as soon as I heard the description, I knew immediately what it was referring to---and yes, turkeys do make the noise.
:TooFunny:

Hooksfan

Maybe there is an inside joke somewhere that I am not in on, as I have never heard the term before, but the description of the sound is similar to the cluck that I classify as a contentment cluck and you will hear it most often when the birds are extremely close and either roosted or feeding. Sounds almost like a water dripping from a faucet. :goofball:

rob_brady

I hear competition callers make the sound regularly in their runs, but I've never seen a "how to" video or other example on how to exactly make it on a mouth call. I can get a sound on a ghost cut that is close, but it's not exactly that "water drop" sound. As an earlier poster asked, can anyone explain how you make the sound?

MEbeardlover

Never heard of the term, but I haven't been at this as long as others on this forum. I have, however, heard the phrase "like popping a bubble" when using a mouth call to cluck. I have heard it described like a softer version of a cutt.

mudhen

Quote from: Bowguy on February 23, 2015, 12:00:48 PM
That's a Scott Ellis terminology, it's a soft "bubbly" half cluck. A tree roost sound sometimes. Sometimes ain't enough to worry about it. Tree calls vary n so do fly downs

This...

I've only heard it from roosted birds...more in the fall than spring...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

1iagobblergetter

We had the squealing hen now the bubble cluck caller coming. I can see it already. Lol.... :funnyturkey: