OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester SXP Turkey Hunter - Quick Responses Appreciated!

Started by Tommy Strutsalot, February 20, 2015, 03:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy Strutsalot

Hey All, 

Was looking for an 870 turkey setup that I wanted, but eventually could only find the specs that I wanted at Dicks (would prefer to buy from the small guy), they are even discontinued on Remington's Website.  Anyway, I didn't want the SureShot and didn't want to compromise on any of the specs I wanted.

This brought me to considering the Winchester SXP Turkey Hunter pump shotgun.  Thinking about sealing the deal 1.5 hours from now.  I know this is late notice, but anybody have any reviews or experience with the shotgun?  Thanks!
-Steve

gatrkyhntr70

Bought 3 of them 2 hunters 26" model and a turkey model. All of them had poa/poi issues and the trigger was very heavy,worst Ive ever seen.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Tommy Strutsalot

Hey thanks for your response.  Based on  yours and some other reviews that I read (from real people not from magazines) I ended up purchasing a Remington 870 SPS Sureshot Synthetic Turkey. 

gatrkyhntr70

<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Tommy Strutsalot on February 23, 2015, 09:11:44 AM
Hey thanks for your response.  Based on  yours and some other reviews that I read (from real people not from magazines) I ended up purchasing a Remington 870 SPS Sureshot Synthetic Turkey.

A very good choice.

Best of luck this season.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Tommy Strutsalot

Quote from: allaboutshooting on February 23, 2015, 04:06:26 PM
Quote from: Tommy Strutsalot on February 23, 2015, 09:11:44 AM

A very good choice.

Best of luck this season.

Thanks,
Clark

Thanks a lot, you too! Hopefully you don't have to wait as long as I do, my season starts May 2nd!