OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ithaca Turkeyslayer choke selection

Started by bigjames50, February 20, 2015, 02:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjames50

The gun takes invector style chokes, 24"barrel. I plan on using LB 3"#6or Hevi 3"#7's.Thanks for any info.

Gumby

Is this a new turkeyslayer or older model? If new, try the factory briley "ithaca plus" turkey choke that came with the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigjames50

Gumby

Try something around .670-.675 constriction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allaboutshooting

Quote from: bigjames50 on February 20, 2015, 02:30:32 PM
The gun takes invector style chokes, 24"barrel. I plan on using LB 3"#6or Hevi 3"#7's.Thanks for any info.

There are several chokes that work well with you gun with the Invector thread system. Many of my readers have been very happy with the Hevi-13 turkey choke in that gun. It works well with both of the shells you've mentioned. Another favorite is the SSX and it also works well with both shells.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Mike Honcho

My Kings Ferry prefers chokes .670 and larger...have had poor results with .650-665 range.

bigjames50

Thanks for the input. I was thinking about ordering from sumtoy. Has anyone used their chokes in a older Ithaca like mine? If so what was your experience?

30_06

Indian creek .675, Trulock .670, and a Pure Gold .670 (if I remember right) worked well for my Invector choked Turkeyslayer using both hevi-13 #6, and #7's.

30_06

Should have mentioned I am currently using the Trulock.

Mike Honcho

I had a .660 Sumtoy.....it did better than my other chokes of similar constriction. If I ordered another Sumtoy I would have a .670 made for my Kings Ferry. I think I was getting around 160 in 10" with it 40 yards, 3" Win Longbeards,#5.