turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who has been practicing there calling?

Started by LARRYHAYNES, February 19, 2015, 12:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARRYHAYNES

Man I'm so fired up about the season I can hear em gobblin already. Just was wondering how many has been practicing and if yall are as fired up as me!!! Hope everyone has a good safe season!!
LARRY

Gooserbat

I've about got blisters on the roof of mouth
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

LARRYHAYNES

Hahaha. I need to practice with a mouth call more but I've tried and I just can't get the hang of it. Love my pot and box calls though
LARRY

bammerslammer 50

I have alot lately. Only thing answering is the old hen I live with. "Shut up, can't you go outside" and my favorite " I can't wait for turkey season then you won't be here blowing your turkey whistles" haha I love this time of year. :you_rock:

zelmo1

:newmascot: My wife puts up with some, but my soon to be 8 year old has started, and we all know how relentless 8 year olds are. Problem is our temps here have been in single digits and the wind has been howling. Boy do those calls echo in my house, lol. I am glad I have a good woman. Al Baker

dejake

Every morning on the way to work.  I should video some of the dumbfounded looks I get at red lights.

wvlimbhanger

I pulled out some pot calls over the weekend and started with them.  Pulled out the mouth calls last night.  My wife said "it's only February and you are already starting this crap?"  I respond by saying babe I'm headed to Florida in 29 days, it's like April 1 in my mind.  That was not the right answer so I practiced on the way to work this morning.

TauntoHawk

Yep I've started, wife doesn't mind too much shes a turkey hunter and my 6 month old loves the noises shes gonna be a regular bird slayer some day.

I'm also watching turkey hunting videos while running on the treadmill.. lol :turkey2:
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Snoodsniper

Been hitting my calls pretty regular all winter. Mouth calls in the truck. Pots and trumpet in the basement.

suburbhunter

I thought I was the only one, my "hen" said it sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard to her, sounds like a sweet love song to me. Needless to say, I have to wait until she is out of the house to practice.    :camohat:

Big Treble

Keep mine in the truck and as a newbie, been practicing with them sinc October.   I actually might sound like a hen. LOL

jblackburn

Quote from: Gooserbat on February 19, 2015, 01:12:47 AM
I've about got blisters on the roof of mouth

I did after Nashville!  More like a callus, now!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

okiegobblers

Quote from: dejake on February 19, 2015, 07:09:22 AM
Every morning on the way to work.  I should video some of the dumbfounded looks I get at red lights.
Same here. I put in my natural turkey cd and practice all the way to work.

Jbird22

I've been running em pretty steady for a month or so.

BowBendr

I never put turkey calls aside. I run at least 2 calls a day, year round, for at least 15 minutes or so each day...
Same with archery, I shoot 5 quality shots from my bow every day, year round.