OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NITRO RAY AMMO ???

Started by GOLD HUNTER, February 16, 2015, 08:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLD HUNTER

seen on there web they don't have a lot of powder to load a lot of his ammo, so is anyone getn any ammo from Ray this year ?

http://www.nitrocompany.com/newsletter.html

if you are what was you getn from him and what are you getn now if you cant get what you was getn be4 ???

thanks
Brian

K9Doc

LOL!!!!
Funny stuff there!!!
I'm glad I roll my own!
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

Gobble!

Quote from: K9Doc on February 16, 2015, 08:18:08 PM
LOL!!!!
Funny stuff there!!!
I'm glad I roll my own!

Plan on doing that as soon as my Nitro stock gets low.

USMC0331

Powder is difficult to find for both shotgun and rifle. I bought a box of 25 rounds last year. Hopefully next year powder will be easier to find.

Bigstruttin

I've been trying to order/find some 20ga #7's but I'm not having much luck

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I just received 10 sample rounds to pattern because the 510C i previously shot can't be loaded.  The powder is no longer available for that load and they sent me a some rounds to experiment with.

I think they are concerned about business due to powder availability.  I hope they are able to find some substitutes and develop some new rounds.

turkeyfoot

Just ordered some 4-5-7 in 3 and 1/2 inch and also some straight 6 in 3 1/2 inch both in hevi shot from them,  told me it would be 3 weeks to get here not bad for them

allaboutshooting

Quote from: GOLD HUNTER on February 16, 2015, 08:02:58 PM
seen on there web they don't have a lot of powder to load a lot of his ammo, so is anyone getn any ammo from Ray this year ?

http://www.nitrocompany.com/newsletter.html

if you are what was you getn from him and what are you getn now if you cant get what you was getn be4 ???

thanks
Brian

Hey Brian,

As you know, powder was in short supply due to the largest plant in Australia going "off line" due to an explosion. Many small loaders did not get any powder and everyone was on an allocation. That situation has eased and major loaders now can get powder in most types. Smaller loaders are still having problems and some have tried to substitute powders with "not so good" results. You know what I mean by that.

High quality shot has also been at times difficult to get. Tungsten-based shot is much more expensive and unless you produce your own, like EM, and have to import it, very, very expensive, even if you can get it. High quality lead shot has also been tough to get in quantity.

Ammo from major suppliers should be easier to get in the next few months but custom loaders may face an uphill battle for some time to come.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."