turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Zach Farmer from Earl Mickel Collection

Started by Trumpetyelper, February 15, 2015, 10:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trumpetyelper

Just before Johnny Morris purchase the Earl Mickel Turkey Call Collection I was able to negotiate this 1994 Zach Farmer Holly Yelper.  I am thrilled to have this piece of history, but it's also a little bitter sweet.  I purchased it assuming there was no shot the collection would remain together, but after hearing that Johnny purchased it I couldn't help but feel extremely luck and a bit guilty. There's also a really cool Lon Ricci story with this trumpet.   On the flip side I will not be donating it back.

DMP

rem 300

I looked at a little of the Mickel collection at Nashville show this past weekend. There was atleast 5 Farmer trumpets there 1 was a I ivory. Lot of history in just what few calls they had there.

turkey stew

KPcalls

WOW....that's a fine one.  Can't wait to hear the story.

mgm1955

ncturkey

jmck

congrats on the piece of history there Bugsey

Wind Call

Trumpetyelper

Sure can.  I'll post a sound file this weekend.

BluMtnGobbler

Congrats on a fine pick up.looks awesome!
BRIAN

larry9988

How does it compare in sound to other high end trumpets?

Trumpetyelper

It's definitely a different style call to use.  I have about 10 hours of video of Zach calling with various trumpets and it sounds like a mouth call at an expert level.   I'm not that good.  Zach's calls aren't meant to be used in the kissing style so you have to abandon the common method of trumpet yelper style.  Again, I don't proclaim to be the authority.

DocHolliday

Sorry to disagree but Zach sounds like he has feathers under his shirt. You ought to hear him in the woods!

Shaz

I'd love to hear a sound file of Mr Farmer running a woodwind!