OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester Long Beard Magnums?

Started by dms2511, February 15, 2015, 06:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dms2511

Just got home from the NWTF convention in Nashviille, where i picked up some new Long Beard Magnums (2 1/8 oz .) #5's.  I didn't realize such an animal existed, so we will have to see what they do on the pattern board.  Supposedly a little slower at 1050 fops, but should be interesting none the less. According to the Winchester representative, they just pulled them out for the NWTF show and they will be available in #4's, 5's, and 6's in both 3" and 3 1/2" shells.  Essentially 1/8 oz. ,more shot and a litlle slower velocity.  I Also asked about the 20 gauge Longbeards and was told 2 more years until they will be available.

eddie234

dms2511

Thanks, missed that post. Should be interesting!

snapper1982

dms2511

I patterned my Versamax (Trulock .660) with them prior to my Osceola hunt and produced the below pattern at 40 yards. I was very satisfied, and got no complaints out of the Osceola as I completed my first grand slam.

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase