turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Load suggestions and POA question

Started by clfergus, February 14, 2015, 03:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clfergus

Hey Guys - Couple of questions here. Checking for a good pattern looks to be expensive like deer hunting and sabot checks in a rifled barrel. Too bad someone doesn't make a patterning pack with 3 #5,#6,#7 shots a piece.

Any case, I have acquired a like new 870 NWTF edition with a Shur-Shot stock for super cheap. Picked up a used Jelly head .660 choke on the site from a member. Going to start with Longbeard ammo. Which size pellets would you try first?

Second question, Point of Aim as I see it called here. I just assumed you would want to place the bead/fiber optic on the vent rib on the bottom of the neck. Where do most of you typically place the bead or your sights?

Thanks

Bigspurs68

It is common practice to aim for the waddles or feather line but, I have a overwhelming tendency to aim at their face so I pattern my gun accordingly. I just try to ensure that the best part of my pattern does not kill the germs in the air above his head.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

BowBendr

Quote from: Bigspurs68 on February 14, 2015, 04:04:33 PMI just try to ensure that the best part of my pattern does not kill the germs in the air above his head.

Yep

Gobble!

I like to aim at the center of the neck but most aim at the waddles. As for shells go with the long beards in #6s to keep costs down. That .660 should like the smaller #6s.

SKFOOTER

Your combo should throw excellent patterns with Hevi Shot #7's. :OGturkeyhead: