OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Beretta A400

Started by Coreywelch835, February 13, 2015, 03:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coreywelch835

Hey guys, switching from my mossburg 835 to my A400 this spring. My A400 is my wing shooting and skeet competition gun and only has the original front orange bead. I think I want to put some adjustable gobble dots on it due to the fact that I will take them off after turkey season. Anybody else ever shoot an A400 with this set up? And also what choke constriction and shells do yall shoot? I will be shooting Jebs. I have a box of HS 3.5" #6s and a box of #7s on the way. Thanks in advance!

IowaGobblers

I did the opposite. I love my a400 for a wing shooting gun but wanted a dedicated turkey gun so I picked up a 835. Last year I ran a Bushnell red dot and a sumtoy .665 with magblends as well as longbeards and both did very well.

Coreywelch835

You'll love the 835, I just wanted to try somethin a lil different. My 835 is old and seems to be losing its pattern for some odd reason...

forcercon1

I hope all is well. I shoot a Pattern Master with my A400 and love the results. For me, this choke / gun combo shot these shells well (HS #5, Winchester  (Old Hevi's) #5 or #6s & #5 & #6 Longbeards). I shoot plain with no sights as the POA / POI is good.

I would love to hear how the Jebs choke shoots.

Coreywelch835

Thanks brother. I will let everybody know how it does in about 2 weeks. I have to go back offshore Monday mornin. Last night I ordered my gobble dots to try out in case I don't feel comfortable with just the bead.

BOFF

Quote from: Coreywelch835 on February 13, 2015, 07:27:32 PM
You'll love the 835, I just wanted to try somethin a lil different. My 835 is old and seems to be losing its pattern for some odd reason...

Have you cleaned and polished the barrel at any time?
If not, it will definitely improve your patterns.

God Bless,
David B.

forcercon1

Should you really polish a chrome lined barrel?

BOFF

Quote from: forcercon1 on February 14, 2015, 11:36:22 PM
Should you really polish a chrome lined barrel?

When did an old 835 have a chrome lined barrel?  ???

God Bless,
David B.

Coreywelch835

Yessir I have polished my 835. Something just isn't adding up with it. But the A400 has the chrome lined barrel so no need to polish that one.

BOFF

Did you clean the choke as well?

Of course shooting in different temps will affect the pattern as well.

Colder temps will increase the patterns, decreasing the amount of shot in the 10" circles.

God Bless,
David B.

zelmo1

:OGturkeyhead: Another vote for the patternmaster code black choke. Absoloutly devastating with my set up( Browning Gold, with 3.5 LB's) I will never change my turkey choke in that gun. Very , very tight inside 20 yards. I try to shoot between 25-35 yards to get the best performance. 25 is great but you still better be on him. Al Baker

forcercon1

The A400 has a Chrome lined Barrel, not the 835. I must have gotten lost some place, I thought the original question was about switching from a 835 to a A400. I apologize for the mistake.