Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

New turkey hunter from Alabama

Started by M4J0R T0M, February 09, 2015, 08:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4J0R T0M

Hey y'all. New guy and new turkey hunter here from central AL. I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for the info on this site. Learned a lot so far, like what kind of gun I wanted and what to do to get it patterned. So I did that today and man, oh man, my freaking shoulder is HURTING!! 

Anyways, looking forward to learning how to hunt some gobblers and maybe collect my first beard this year. I've got some pics of my gun and patterns but I'll post those in the appropriate forums. My setup is a Mossberg 835 w/ a 24" barrel and a Jelly Head choke. I've got a Holosun micro red dot on top and shooting 3.5" Longbeard #5's. Did I mention that my shoulder has deep tissue bruising.  :'(

dirt road ninja

:welcomeOG: and the brotherhood of the bruise. Ice and Advil helps.

ericjames

Welcome to old gobbler!  Those 835 with 3.5" will sure punish ya.

owlhoot

Quote from: ericjames on February 09, 2015, 09:20:31 PM
x2

What state ya gonna hunt? i hear on here there taint no turkey in bama! :welcomeOG:

M4J0R T0M

Quote from: owlhoot on February 09, 2015, 09:29:09 PM
Quote from: ericjames on February 09, 2015, 09:20:31 PM
x2

What state ya gonna hunt? i hear on here there taint no turkey in bama! :welcomeOG:

Thanks for the kind welcomes everyone. Yeah, it's a shame there ain't no turkeys in Bama. I'll just have to see if I can find some down at the hunting club.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

tomstopper

Bigspurs68

Momma said "Kill that turkey"

captin_hook

:welcomeOG:, sounds like you have some of the right gear already !