OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mississippi Turkey Hunts

Started by mozart_hunter, February 08, 2015, 10:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mozart_hunter

Anyone have any contact info for a reasonably priced turkey hunt in Mississippi?

K9Doc

I don't have any contacts, but MS is blessed with
A lot of National Forest in North and SouthWest MS.
Lots of birds. A 4 day hunt should score a bird or two.
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

FullChoke

Try Ronnie Foy Guide Service located near Canton, just north of Jackson. He is a top notch country outfitter and will work hard to put an old gobbler in front of your barrel.

http://www.outfitters.org/foys.html

Tell him Miss Daisy sent you.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

sasquatch1

Quote from: K9Doc on February 08, 2015, 10:54:01 PM
I don't have any contacts, but MS is blessed with
A lot of National Forest in North and SouthWest MS.
Lots of birds. A 4 day hunt should score a bird or two.
this ^^^^

silvestris

Ahh, but populations have been declining in SW Mississippi.  My NR license is good for the first five days of the season.  I will evaluate during period before deciding to renew.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Spitten and drummen

I hunt public s/w ms forest land and I would love to score a bird or 2 in 5 days. nothing easy about them and a ton of hunters. the population also has declined. it is decent hunting but nothing spectacular.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

TheSportsman

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 09, 2015, 01:40:10 PM
I hunt public s/w ms forest land and I would love to score a bird or 2 in 5 days. nothing easy about them and a ton of hunters. the population also has declined. it is decent hunting but nothing spectacular.

Same in north ms.

Idawg

Not public land but I can defiantly tell a decline in numbers on my land straddling the ms al line in the north part of the states.