turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Least friendly state for non-residents?

Started by jakesdad, February 05, 2015, 05:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakesdad

We discussed the best states for NR,whats your opinion on the least friendly state for non-residents?

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

stinkpickle

jakesdad

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

guesswho

Alabama!  Were only friendly to relatives.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

jakesdad

Quote from: guesswho on February 05, 2015, 05:30:22 PM

I thought the whole state was related

jblackburn

Good question.  My second choice would be Washington, very expensive and somewhat limited hunting opportunity (public, anyway), other than the north east corner.  Bad enough as a resident!  Plus side is that most landowners I interacted with hated the winter Rio flocks and were very willing to let people turkey hunt.

My second choice would be the home state of MO, but only because of tag cost.  Actually, it is not the cost as much as the principle of the thing.  Hunting the family farm as a non-resident has been a hard pill to swallow.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

dirt road ninja

Blong

North ks, very friendly. SE ks, very hostile toward nr.

Cove

Snoodsniper

mudhen

NoDak...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

hobbes

Quote from: jakesdad on February 05, 2015, 05:34:36 PM
Quote from: guesswho on February 05, 2015, 05:30:22 PM

I thought the whole state was related

I work with two fellas from AL here in MT.  I accuse them of being related all the time, then they remind me that one half my family is from KY. 

IL requires $125 tag and $55 lic for one bird with minimal time to kill in a specified county and season that must be drawn in lottery.  The second and third tag is $125 each also.  The county and season specific tags apply to residents also but the set up isn't what I would call NR friendly.  I do it because it is "Home".

GSLAM95

Quote from: hobbes on February 06, 2015, 02:17:05 PM
  IL requires $125 tag and $55 lic for one bird with minimal time to kill in a specified county and season that must be drawn in lottery.  The second and third tag is $125 each also.  The county and season specific tags apply to residents also but the set up isn't what I would call NR friendly.  I do it because it is "Home".

Out of all the states I hunt I would have to agree that my home state of IL has the least accomodating tag system out there!

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

turkey_slayer

Tennessee but only cause of license prices. Everybody I've met have been super friendly. Last year a guy spooked a bird I was on. I hadn't called in a while as the bird was only shot 70 yards away and I could see him. After a bit he blows out and a guy comes in from behind me stalking the bird. He never called so I didn't know he was there and he didn't know I was either since I hadn't called in prob 20 minutes. I waved my arms and he came over and apologized profusely. I said it's part of it and we ended up talking for almost 2 hours. Super nice guy. Met a member on here that's a resident and you couldn't ask for a nicer fellow.

turkey_slayer

Ohio guys have all been pretty nice as well. Been a few give the ol go to #### look but there's a few like that everywhere