Main Menu

multible beards

Started by BigGobbler, February 03, 2015, 04:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

Quote from: K9Doc on February 03, 2015, 07:19:27 PM
To me it's not even a big deal unless
They are really nice, long, and thick.
I agree.  I had a streak a couple years ago that went double, four, four, triple in about a 10 day stretch.    And back in the day a buddy and me doubled in Alabama.  Two turkeys totaled nine beards and 84" of beard.   Now it's like we expect about one out of four to be multibearded.   I think in the last 20-25 years I've had one season that didn't produce at least one multibeard. 

Dang Rutn, you need to come up and hunt with Lee.  He's got a piece of property that produces quite a few.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

RutnNStrutn

I'm just thrilled to get some gobblers every year. But I would like to get at least one impressive multibeard with fat, long beards.

Snoodsniper

Killed a nice double beard two years ago. They are pretty common in my area but never personally seen one with more than two beards.

tomstopper

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on February 03, 2015, 08:05:47 PM
I'm just thrilled to get some gobblers every year. But I would like to get at least one impressive multibeard with fat, long beards.
:agreed:

Blong

I have killed them in ms,mo,ks and ne. I would say mo is your best chance. We make a group hunt each spring and at least 1/3 of the ones we kill have multis.

mgm1955

El Pavo Grande

I've killed several over the years, most in Arkansas and Missouri.  The most beards was 5 on one from Nebraska a couple of years ago.

chcltlabz

I think I've killed 4 double beard birds and one 4 bearded bird.  All of mine have had spindley second beards and the 4 bearded bird had 2 fairly thin beards and 2 that were only a few hairs.  Most impressive of mine had an 11.5 inch beard and a 9.5 inch beard with 1.5 inch spurs.  All easterns and all in Maryland.

I arrived in South Dakota a few years back and was doing some driving and scouting and when I pulled into a parking area I could see a hunter coming out toting a gobbler and a bow, so we waited to see what he had.  Turned out to be a beautiful snow white merriams with 5 beards and 1 1/4 spurs, which was huge for that area.  I hope he knew what a special bird he had.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

hobbes

I've killed one double beard back home in Southern IL.  My son killed his companion a moment earlier that had a triple beard.  The following season my son killed a double beard in the same area. 

mudhen

Maybe 10-12 over the years....

Shot all over the country....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

spurman

100 + longbeards over the years and hunted KY, KS and Tenn and killed only 1 with a double beard. I have buddies that hunt the same places I hunt and they have killed several 2, 3 and 4 bearded birds. But they are just not that common in my part of KY.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Gooserbat

I've killed two double beards and one triple beard.  All were from various parts of Oklahoma. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

turkeyhunter91

Me and dad have killed probably around 50 Tom's between the two of us and neither of us have gotten a multi beard. A couple years ago I took a guy that had never killed a turkey in the spring season and he killed a double beard Jake, one beard was like 6.5 in and the other was 4 I believe. I have killed a few other birds there and not one multi beard.

jblackburn

I've hunted/taken gobblers in 6 states and have gotten one double bearded bird, and it was in Washington.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

jakesdad

ZERO But the first two birds my nephew killed were both double beards,and he killed them about 2 weeks apart in the same field :z-dizzy:    Can't say its really ever mattered to me,I always seem to look at hooks before the beard on a dead bird.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"