turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gopro

Started by WNCTracker, February 02, 2015, 04:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNCTracker

Anybody ever taken a gopro gobbler hunting with them?  Got a hero 3+ for Christmas and would like to record a hunt for my two little future hunters. Any suggestions for mounting location ?  Head vs. chest vs. gun mount?  Any suggestions really...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ridgerunner

I have a GoPro and have taken it on hunts..I have used the head mount. Just make sure and turn the red flashing light off in the setup options..Problem with a GoPro is it's such a wide angle lens everything looks so far away in the video..a turkey at 30-40 yards looks like ants...it's nice inside of 20 yards, but any further than that I prefer a good video camera..a Gopro is nice for certain filming but if you really want good footage buy a better camera.

Brian811

I took mine last year and set it up in my decoys to try to get the close up shots and hopefully a kill on video. Unfortunately, I had nothing but bad luck. I did get some videos of a group of jakes attacking my decoy but the big boys wouldn't cooperate. Granted, you can change the field of view a little in the camera, it still will not get great footage if you are any distance from the turkey itself.

alclark2

I don't use decoys but, an upclose flogging would make some neat footage. Maybe, you could get the shot on camera too. GoPro is no good unless you are up close. Maybe you could use it for footage of the hunter and use another camera for recording birds.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

Gobblers_nightmare

It helps to put it on the narrow view option. 
Cluck-Gobble-BOOM!