OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sight Reccomendations

Started by GeorgeNK, February 01, 2015, 12:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeNK

I just bought a new Remington 870 SPS Turkey Mag , it came with brand X Red Dot scope and I would like to up grade to something different, maybe some type of reflex sight or maybe another red dot any suggestions ?

Thanks
George

drum817

If money is a concern then I'd look at a tru-glo gobble stopper. If money is not a factor the a Burris fast fire 2 or 3 would a great choice.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

mac43rn

Went through this myself just last season.  Installed a Burris FF III on a 20 gauge benelli montefeltro with a sumtoy choke using Federal HW7

Love the gun, love the setup.  My son filled his tag on the opening day of youth season.  I went out on the following Friday and grabbed his gun.  Killed a big one from 40 yards.  Hit the call, heard the gobble and he jumped up from a creek.  Put the red dot (which is 8 moa by the way) and dropped him.  That gun has been one of my best gun purchases.

Good luck in your search. 

bmhern

I have gobble stopper on my 870 sps mag , does great!

Gooserbat

True glo pro series mag gobble dot or Williams fire sights.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Tbrady835

Quote from: drum817 on February 01, 2015, 04:34:07 PM
If money is a concern then I'd look at a tru-glo gobble stopper. If money is not a factor the a Burris fast fire 2 or 3 would a great choice.

This^^ also look at the bushnell trs-25

Tail Feathers

I've looked thru the reflex sights, I have a TRS-25...no difference in field of view from behind the sight.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

LARRYHAYNES

I have the burris ff 3 and love it. It's very simple to install and to sight it in is a breeze
LARRY

the Ward

x2 on the trs25 and ff3. Both are very good.

Gobble!

I had a bushnell red/green dot the past 5 years or so and it has been a great sight, think you can find them for around $60. Switched to a FastFire III this year and even though I have not shot it yet I really like the sight.