OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Mad Smoky Baby Hen Decoy

Started by turkeykiller, February 01, 2015, 11:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeykiller

What's do you think about the Mad Smoky Baby hen decoy is it a gimmick or will it work. Bought the Dirty B by Primos when it come out and all I can say is big waste of money.

ridgerunner

If your other decoys didn't work then why would another one work? A decoy is a decoy...unless we're talking a taxidermist decoy like Cally Morris sells..DSD has some realistic decoys also. Personally, I rarely use a decoy..IMO a decoy will prevent you from killing more birds, than a decoy would help you kill..decoys are useful in specific circumstances..but rarely will I use one.

mgm1955

If you are going to use one then i would recommend using the best, DSD.

turkeykiller

I was just wondering because it's a white hen decoy and what everybody thought was.

alclark2

How are they trying to pitch it? As a trophy hen that every tom in the woods wants?
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

Bowguy

In my opinion it's all marketing. I think that's obvious. Companies try n come up w something different in order to separate us from our cash. Lots of times something being just a bit different does just that. Look to the hunt industry n remember all the short rounds? Super shorts, short mags, super short mags, ultra super duper rounds. Anyway it's all good but how many of those rounds are still popular, or how many were needed? How many are now for sale or discontinued? I believe a white hen will go in time by the wayside

the Ward

They work great in the O. L. McDonald management areas!

tomstopper

Better off spending $40 on a good call to lure that big gobbler in IMO.

mudhen

I'm sure it would work, but so do many decoys....

I've seen stranger decoys bring birds running....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka