OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: A little habitat improvement  (Read 4700 times)

Offline nativeks

• The Boss Gobbler
A little habitat improvement
« on: January 31, 2015, 12:04:51 AM »
Wind was finally favorable for a little burn. The last time this place was burned it got away from them so I was pretty nervous. A lot of it hadn't been burned in 20 years. A buddy of mine worked for USFWS as a senior firefighter for the last 15 years and I had 5 years working under him burning. Had some tense moments watching pines and cedars torch out. Luckily no spot fires and I shouldn't have to worry about them next time. Rain is moving in as we speak. Hope to go find some antlers in the morning.

Offline KW Land Works

• KW Land Works
Re: A little habitat improvement
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 09:41:20 PM »
Nice work! 

We have a client that wants to burn through their fence like that.  I was concerned it'd volatilize the zinc off of the wire and go to rust.  Notice any damage?
KW Land Works - Forestry Mulching, Brush and Tree Clearing Pensacola, Dothan, Tallahassee and beyond.

http://www.kwlandworks.com/forestry-mulching.html

Offline nativeks

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: A little habitat improvement
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 11:52:39 PM »
Thousands of miles of fence get burned like that every year in Kansas. If guys saw lots of damage they wouldn't do it. I didn't notice anything.