OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Jebs Choke

Started by Gooserbat, January 28, 2015, 11:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

What can you tell me about them, and if anyone can post some pattern pics it would be nice.   
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

davisd9

They are expensive and really do not out class other chokes that are cheaper.  They are a good choke, but I can get the same for my needs out of something more affordable.  Many shoot them and are happy. 
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Gooserbat on January 28, 2015, 11:53:52 AM
What can you tell me about them, and if anyone can post some pattern pics it would be nice.

They are very high quality, made from 17-4PH stainless steel bar stock with very close tolerances. Impressive "internals" and high performance, high quality patterns from all I've seen.

They've compiled an impressive list, in a very short time, of wins in still target competition, with several World Championships and World Records.

Everyone that I've spoken with who shoots them is very pleased with their performance and from what I understand, most of their business is from referrals of current customers.

The 2015 Winchester catalog has a picture of Bobby Sears and his record breaking target in it. I saw a number of non-record targets that he shot and was very impressed with the 10" patterns.

It's a very good product.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Gooserbat

Clark, are the patterns of such that they are an even distribution over the pattern or do they have a "hot" core area? 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Ihuntoldschool

They are just as good as the other quality chokes that cost about half as much, no better or worse on average.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Gooserbat on January 28, 2015, 01:28:13 PM
Clark, are the patterns of such that they are an even distribution over the pattern or do they have a "hot" core area?

What I'm always looking for is a well distributed pattern with no large gaps. I define a large gap as one that is 2" or more, that is a blank space in which a 2" circle does not touch a pellet. When scoring targets, I "dot" each hole so that it's very clear where pellets hit and in that way I can easily evaluate each one.

In my most recent work in which I shot 32 different configurations of chokes in 6 different shotguns with WLB shells, there were many chokes that produced excellent patterns. JEB's was among those, and just to test my memory, I just looked back to see if some were "center dense". I did see one that was but the rest of the pattern was well disbursed.

By the way, that evaluation will be published about the middle of February and you'll be able to see the targets, a chart showing the results and how the work was done.

I hope it will be helpful.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

StruttinGobbler3

I spent some time with Bobby and Jimmy at Jebs a couple days ago. What they did with my 870 was impressive. 286 pellets in a 10 inch ring at 40 yards with Winchester longbeards
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Philippe

Over priced and no better than anything else out there. Just have William at Sumtoy cook ya up something for half the price of the Jebs and works just as good if not better. Plus he is a fun feller to talk to on the phone!

01Foreman400

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on January 30, 2015, 10:18:04 PM
I spent some time with Bobby and Jimmy at Jebs a couple days ago. What they did with my 870 was impressive. 286 pellets in a 10 inch ring at 40 yards with Winchester longbeards

How many total pellets are in that load?  Pretty impressive. 
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

drum817

Quote from: Philippe on January 30, 2015, 10:28:59 PM
Over priced and no better than anything else out there. Just have William at Sumtoy cook ya up something for half the price of the Jebs and works just as good if not better. Plus he is a fun feller to talk to on the phone!
.     ^^^^ THIS^^^^
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

StruttinGobbler3

Foreman, I'm not sure how many exact pellets are in that shell. According to Bobby, over 90% of the payload was in the 20 inch circle
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

QuickDraw

I'm a little late to this conversation, but my nephew bought a Jebs for his goose gun and was very pleased with it. He's shooting an A400 Baretta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BandedSpur

Quote from: 01Foreman400 on February 01, 2015, 09:07:08 AM
Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on January 30, 2015, 10:18:04 PM

How many total pellets are in that load?  Pretty impressive.

394 in 3" 6s or 450 in 3.5" if they are true size 6s

01Foreman400

I don't personally own a Jeb's but from what I've seen they are high quality.  I have not seen any one post a bad pattern while using one which saves time and money. 
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

Gooserbat

I visited with Bobby and Jimmy for a bit in Nashville, and whether I buy one or not they are some knowledgeable and very nice people. 

Remember sometimes you get what you pay for.
NWTF Booth 1623