OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Help me identify camo on this old school 835

Started by Mike Honcho, January 27, 2015, 02:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Honcho

This is my son's gun...found it on Armslist about a year ago for him and he bought it for about $ 175.00 with a case and 4 choke tubes.  We live about 4 hours apart and this past weekend was first time I've actually seen it...I borrowed it for goose hunting over decoys on my big pond...was very impressed with it, had a great hunt and limited out. 

I am just curious as to what this camo pattern was called?  Might be greenleaf but if you look close it doesn't look like some of the greenleaf on other 835's I've seen.

Also any idea what year this gun was made? I don't think it's been shot much, the camo finish on it is near perfect. It has the "corncob" style forend. It has a 24" non ported barrel, ivory front bead and brass mid bead sights.  Drilled and tapped from factory for scope.
Thanks for looking,
Honcho

Tbrady835

Ihuntoldschool

Looks like Realtree, the original realtree, first pattern they came out with.

Tbrady835

I still think it's trebark, if it is realtree u will be able to see the words realtree somewhere in the camo pattern so if you can't find realtree anywhere on the gun I'd almost bet my paycheck it's trebark

Tbrady835

I'm only 28 so I don't even know when the first year they made the 835 I'm guessing about 89 I have read somewhere that the unported barrel version was the first couple years they made them so it's a very early 835 and from what I'm finding it's trebark it's not the original trebark it's prolly like trebark green or something can't find the name for the pattern but it's trebark something

Mike Honcho

I don't think its original Realtree because it has some wild bright green leaves in it which the original Realtree didn't have (from the pictures I've seen) .   From looking at some "new old stock" stock sets for sale I think it's a form of Greenleaf.

outdoors

A FREIND HAS ONE THATS VERY SIMILAR HE BOUGHT NEW YEARS AGO , I TRIED TO CALL HIM UP TO ASK , CANT GET IN TOUCH WITH HIM
CALL MOSSBERG UP . . . . .
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Ridge Rooster

Pretty sure it is Realtree original green camo.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

BowBendr

joshua

Green realtree. Got he same gun in the same pattern sitting in the safe. Bought mine in 1990.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Mike Honcho

dirt road ninja

Quote from: joshua on January 27, 2015, 05:19:11 PM
Green realtree. Got he same gun in the same pattern sitting in the safe. Bought mine in 1990.

Me too! Bought mine in 1993.

chrmayo

My grandad shoots the exact gun with the factory turkey choke. And it shoots awesome. I like that old camo.
-MAYO-

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

budtripp

Original realtree.  I'd recognize it anywhere