OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Choke and shell selection

Started by nctrkyhntr, January 27, 2015, 08:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nctrkyhntr

I am needing to buy and new choke and I'm in between sumtoy or Jebs. This will be used in my stoeger 3500. I have also always shot magblends but I'm thinking about switching to hevi 7 or the new Winchester long beard loads. What does everyone think? With the choke should what should I go with .650 .655 or .660

Thank you everyone

hookedspur

Give SumToy a call and talk to William before you buy anything .
Tell him what you expect from your gun and he will work with you till you get it.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Gooserbat

I don't have any experience with a Jebs but I do with a Sumtoy.  It shoots a very dense yet even pattern without the hot core.  I think it throws a great hunting pattern. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

JuniorPre 360

My M3500 shoots very well with the Primos JellyHead and 3 inch #5 Long Beards.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: nctrkyhntr on January 27, 2015, 08:34:00 AM
I am needing to buy and new choke and I'm in between sumtoy or Jebs. This will be used in my stoeger 3500. I have also always shot magblends but I'm thinking about switching to hevi 7 or the new Winchester long beard loads. What does everyone think? With the choke should what should I go with .650 .655 or .660

Thank you everyone

My readers are doing very well and are very happy with the JEB's chokes and most are shooting the .650 or .655. Those chokes have a long track record with the Hevi-13 shells and I've seen some amazing patterns with the WLB shells last year and this year.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."