OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Need Choke Suggestions

Started by Skaggs13, January 21, 2015, 09:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skaggs13

I've got a binelli super Vinci. I currently shoot a jelly head choke with remington heavy 13 #7's. It patterns pretty good at 40 yds but some of the patterns I'm seeing are better than what I'm getting. Any help would be appreciated.

Fatbeard

I shoot Indian Creek .665 in all of mine. Browning BPS, Benelli A 400 and a Mossberg 835. Went thru lots of chokes until these.
East TN Beard Buster

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Skaggs13 on January 21, 2015, 09:04:09 PM
I've got a binelli super Vinci. I currently shoot a jelly head choke with remington heavy 13 #7's. It patterns pretty good at 40 yds but some of the patterns I'm seeing are better than what I'm getting. Any help would be appreciated.

There are several good/excellent chokes that work with the standard Benelli barrels. It's really all about the internal geometry of the choke tube.

I recently shot 9 different brands and configurations (exit diameters) of choke tubes through 2 different Benelli shotguns, a Vinci and SBE, with the same inside bore diameter. Most did very well. They ranged from .643 to .675 in exit diameter but all were well designed.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

hookedspur

I shoot an Indian Creek 665 in my Benelli SBE2.
It does very well with H13 and Nitro Co. 7s and it shoots the Mag Blends good.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions