OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What one new thing would you like to see?

Started by jakesdad, January 21, 2015, 05:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakesdad

Other than 20 gauge Longbeards(which I knew would be a common answer),what practical ,new item would you like to see come upon the turkey hunting world?

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

vaturkey

Vaturkey

Bigspurs68

A better selection of dedicated turkey guns in 20ga. Guns that we don't have to add aftermarket parts to.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

mgm1955

More young turkey hunters. The gear now really provides me ample opportunities to bag turkeys. We need more young people involved in the shooting sports to help ensure their future for future generations.

daymude7288

born2hunt

I wanna see my little girl holding her first bird. I don't care if I even see a turkey on my own but I'm putting all the heart and soul I got into her first hunt.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Bigspurs68

Quote from: born2hunt on January 21, 2015, 11:26:21 PM
I wanna see my little girl holding her first bird. I don't care if I even see a turkey on my own but I'm putting all the heart and soul I got into her first hunt.

You have the best answer to the question. Take it from me, it's great. Iv watched my girls kill a pile of turkeys and deer, it never gets old!!
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

soky

I would love to see someone come out with an affordable camo clothing line that fits right.

tomstopper

Quote from: Bigspurs68 on January 21, 2015, 11:35:32 PM
Quote from: born2hunt on January 21, 2015, 11:26:21 PM

You have the best answer to the question. Take it from me, it's great. Iv watched my girls kill a pile of turkeys and deer, it never gets old!!
:agreed: :agreed: :agreed: Both of you are correct..... Cant wait til my girls are old enough to hunt. When they are, I don't think I will ever care if I get one again and will just focus all my efforts on teaching and getting them their birds...

troutfisher13111

Quote from: Bigspurs68 on January 21, 2015, 07:12:11 PM
A better selection of dedicated turkey guns in 20ga. Guns that we don't have to add aftermarket parts to.
Ditto

The Cohutta Strutter

The Gobbler Lounger in a lighter weight frame material... Strutter
Anybody seen America lately?

silvestris

Quote from: soky on January 21, 2015, 11:38:59 PM
I would love to see someone come out with an affordable camo clothing line that fits right.

Iffen you was built right, you wouldn't have a problem.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

zeke632

Hunter Courtesy

If somebody beats me to a spot, hats off to them, I should have climed out of the rack earlier.

I wish hunters would realize that the odds of messing a turkey up increase, odds of getting shot increase, odds of getting into a confrontation increase etc.

I think it should be part of every states hunter safety program to go over the negatives and possibilities that could arise when two differenrt hunters end up trying to kill the same gobbler. 

I still get irratated when somebody moves in on where I'm hunting, especially if they KNOW someone is already in the area.  Unless I'm pinned down I just leave and let them have it. And tell myself its an opportunity to go find another gobbler that I didn't know about.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.