turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Why do we have to wait so long?!?

Started by daymude7288, January 20, 2015, 06:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daymude7288

Don't get me wrong I love to hunt everything and seem to obsess over what animal is in season whether it be deer or duck etc.  But I LOVE to hunt them ol thunder chickens!  My complaint is why must we wait so long before stores start putting the new spring turkey gear on the shelves?  I'm sick of seeing the same old deer hunting this and that.  Bring it out already LOL!!

Model 1300

I know the Dick's sporting goods here has started to put a good amount of calls out. The loads and other stuff should be coming out here in the next few weeks
"Stop flinching it's just a 3 1/2 inch Magnum" said the old man.

Turkey and I have a love hate relationship.

Big Treble

Same feeling, was in two gander mountains over the last week, and nothing.

Gooserbat

As a manufacture I will tell you that the trend has shifted toward JIT (Just in Time) ordering.  For the most part I don't start shipping calls until after Feb 1. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Cut N Run

It has started. The first RedHead catalog featuring turkey gear showed up in my mailbox today.  I'm about like a kid waiting for Christmas when it comes to turkey season too.  Those turkeys got me right where they want me and they squeeze a little tighter every year.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Tail Feathers

Yeh, I got the Redhead turkey catalog and the Midwest Turkey Supply catalog yesterday.  It's getting closer!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

silvestris

Glad that anything I need is very limited.  I scanned the Redhead and Midwest catalogs and found little of interest.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Tail Feathers

Quote from: silvestris on January 22, 2015, 01:14:04 PM
Glad that anything I need is very limited.  I scanned the Redhead and Midwest catalogs and found little of interest.
I've already bought the shells, calls, gun, choke and new facemask so I guess the catalogs came too late. ;D
Love to hunt the King of Spring!