OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Does the Stoeger M3500 have a chrome line barrel???

Started by BRUKSHOT, January 19, 2015, 09:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRUKSHOT

Just wondering if it has a chrome lined barrel...Thanks. :turkey2:

Tbrady835

To the best of my knowledge it does, all beneli shotguns do and stoeger shotguns are pretty much beneli at a lower price the 3500 even uses the same inertia driven system to cycle shells

reynolds243

Yes it does.

Proverbs 3:5

Sent from my phone using Technology

dejake

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I've never read anything about it.  What is the advantage of a chrome lined barrel?

reynolds243

I don't know if there is any real advantage to patterns or anything. It is much easier to clean and keep clean as well as chrome is super hard so it says it increases the longevity of the barrel. I personally like them as I shoot multiple benellis

Proverbs 3:5

Sent from my phone using Technology

allaboutshooting

Quote from: dejake on January 19, 2015, 03:12:48 PM
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I've never read anything about it.  What is the advantage of a chrome lined barrel?
They are "slicker" and it's more difficult for one to rust. The disadvantage is that they look clean when they are not. Over the years I've had scores of shooters send me pictures of the gunk they've removed from chrome-lined barrels after they've deep cleaned them Those barrels looked clean prior to the process. Benelli shotguns and many others with chrome-lined bores can shoot excellent patterns but many times get "bad press" because they are not cleaned properly.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."