North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

General Discussion

Started by nickhrp, January 19, 2015, 12:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey buster

Quote from: nickhrp on January 23, 2015, 08:13:14 PM
I want a versa max with 22 inch barrel I often dream about I'm thinking about it right now

That's a fine looking gun! I think it was in the $950 range on Budsgunshop.com

nickhrp

Yeah and that's all I'll ever get to do is look at it lol
God Bless the Outdoors

turkey buster

nickhrp

My wife don't see it that way lol
God Bless the Outdoors

cphill

I can tell u how to fix that its get her in to Turkey hunting with u . Now the down side to this is it now will cost u twice as much...lol

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

turkey buster

Quote from: cphill on January 24, 2015, 08:29:03 AM
I can tell u how to fix that its get her in to Turkey hunting with u . Now the down side to this is it now will cost u twice as much...lol

+1  I got my wife into squirrel hunting which meant I got to buy a new shotgun for her, then it was deer hunting and that meant a new rifle, and now I gotta get her turkey hunting lol

nickhrp

If it don't have wifi or climate control she having nothing to do with tried for years but she does like to shoot bows with me
God Bless the Outdoors

Gooserbat

Quote from: misfire on January 21, 2015, 11:15:44 PM
Trying to make my wife get a second job so I could afford a booth, so far I can't quote what she is saying

It's a tax wright off...an expensive one.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

misfire

Quote from: Gooserbat on January 26, 2015, 12:14:11 PM
Trying to make my wife get a second job so I could afford a booth, so far I can't quote what she is saying

The wife or the website?  :TooFunny:
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

cphill

Quote from: misfire on January 26, 2015, 12:39:30 PM

I am thinking both..lol

Gooserbat

Quote from: misfire on January 26, 2015, 12:39:30 PM

Wife...I wish.  NO the booth at Nashville...   
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

nickhrp

God Bless the Outdoors

turkey buster

Guys I'm posting this on the turkey gun board also but I got a question. I got the 11-87 I've been bragging about (90's model original bottomland) shooting 3in long beard #5's through a jellyhead maximum .660 choke. I got the TG magnum gobble dot sights mounted on the rib and "zeroed" in. I'm use to shooting 3.5in #6's and turning high numbers out of other guns and this is the first time I've shot #5's at all. My numbers were low I think...160 to 170 tops is what I guess because I didn't have a true 10in circle but close to it. I was aimed at a turkey target and had 20-25 in the head every time.  I was shooting at 68 degrees at 41 yards (lazered). Up at 20 yards I'm good to go with a good even pattern that I didn't bother counting. Enough smack to do the deal id say most the shot in a cantaloupe size area with the overwhelming majority in the head/neck. Since I'm new to 5's do I have killing numbers out to 40 or am I coming up short?

Illini Tom

Quote from: nickhrp on January 29, 2015, 06:43:54 PM
Is it spring yet ????

i feel your pain there, buddy, only 7 weeks from tomorrow   :P :D

misfire

Quote from: turkey buster on January 29, 2015, 07:19:33 PM
Guys I'm posting this on the turkey gun board also but I got a question. I got the 11-87 I've been bragging about (90's model original bottomland) shooting 3in long beard #5's through a jellyhead maximum .660 choke. I got the TG magnum gobble dot sights mounted on the rib and "zeroed" in. I'm use to shooting 3.5in #6's and turning high numbers out of other guns and this is the first time I've shot #5's at all. My numbers were low I think...160 to 170 tops is what I guess because I didn't have a true 10in circle but close to it. I was aimed at a turkey target and had 20-25 in the head every time.  I was shooting at 68 degrees at 41 yards (lazered). Up at 20 yards I'm good to go with a good even pattern that I didn't bother counting. Enough smack to do the deal id say most the shot in a cantaloupe size area with the overwhelming majority in the head/neck. Since I'm new to 5's do I have killing numbers out to 40 or am I coming up short?

I would think you are fine with those numbers.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net