OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

sbeii vs vinci

Started by dfresh55, January 17, 2015, 04:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfresh55

What are some of the key differences,  what makes one better than the other?  Which would you choose?

reynolds243

Obviously the look completely different and shoulder different. I went with the SBe2 cause I couldn't get past the look of the Vinci but it is actually growing on me now.  Main difference is the Vinci has a slightly different inertia system and the stock is removable by simple twisting it vs a bolt to take off. So say the Vinci is better at controlling barrel climb but that may be shooter to shooter.

The rest is pretty much the same

Proverbs 3:5

Sent from my phone using Technology

the Ward

I have a vinci and have shot my buddy's sbe2 a bit and I like them both a lot. The sbe2 is more of a standard configuration and the vinci is modular. The differences I noticed was the vinci feels a little lighter to me and the vinci safety is in front of the trigger guard. Shooting 3" steel waterfowl loads they both seemed to recoil about the same, with a little less muzzle rise in the vinci, but that could be because he has a different stock shim in his gun than I am using. both guns have 28" barrels and my vinci is a bit longer than the sbe2 due to the longer action of the vinci. I originally got the vinci for waterfowl because of the quick and easy takedown. We hunt out of canoes and kayaks a lot and things get real muddy real quick and its very easy to clear mud from the action if I have to because of the takedown feature, plus the action spring is in the receiver and not the buttstock like other benellis so you don't have to disassemble the gun to get to it for maintenance like other benelli models. For mostly turkey hunting I don't think those features mean as much but it's nice. The vincis certainly have a look all their own but after hunting with one for several seasons I have grown to really like it. I don't think you can go wrong with either one they are both great shotguns.Hope that was of help!

01Foreman400

I've owned both and still own a Vinci and SBE 2.  For a turkey gun only I chose the SBE 2. For wing shooting the Vinci gets my pick of the 2.
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

allaboutshooting

I've owned Benelli shotguns since 1991 when I bought my first SBE. I still own that one but have had several SBEs, plus a Nova, the SBE II, and now have a Vinci. The SBE and Vinci feel best to me. I no longer have the SBE II. It just did not feel right somehow. The stock Vinci has less muzzle jump than any 12 gauge gun I own. I put a mercury recoil reducer on the magazine of the SBE and it's the most pleasant of all the guns to shoot with 3" shells.

If I had to pick one of the Benellis, it would be the 3" Vinci.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."