OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I Bought 2 More Already This Year

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, January 16, 2015, 09:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

I bought 2 pistols last week.  I picked up my Ruger SR1911 45 ACP today.  I'll get the Taurus PT92 9mm next week.  Going to shoot the 1911 tomorrow.  I'll post a picture later.

silvestris

"Never leave your cave without your club".
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

ILIKEHEVI-13

Here's a picture of the Ruger SR1911. 

marshboy

Nice...I've been interested in those Ruger 1911s for some time, especially in the Commander size.

Big Treble

Not had a chance to take a good look at them yet, are those 100% mil-spec?

M Sharpe

I'd hope not, unless all I wanted to shoot was hardball ammunition.

Nice looking pistol! I've always been partial to the 1911's.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

rusty4269

That's sweet! In December I bought a shotgun and while I was checking out that exact gun caught my eye. I've been thinking about it ever since. Let us know how it shoots. Beautiful gun!

Jeremiah 29:11

Jeremiah 29:11

mgm1955

ILIKEHEVI-13

Thanks guys so much for the positive comments.  I got to admit this is probably my best looking and feeling pistol in the hand. 

Mr. Sharpe I hope you are doing well.  Look forward to seeing some more of your nice wingbone calls this year. 

Brad

drum817

Congrats on the new pistols!!!  Enjoy!!!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Big Treble

Quote from: M Sharpe on January 17, 2015, 07:53:19 AM
I'd hope not, unless all I wanted to shoot was hardball ammunition.

Nice looking pistol! I've always been partial to the 1911's.

Maybe I was misunderstood,  my  understanding of "mil spec" m1911's  would relate to "interchangeable parts" for easy builds and modifications, not GI Issue.  Many m1911 look alike clones out their today such as llamas, Para LDA, where you would would not be able to replace key features. I've always considered both my former Kimber and modified springfield as "mil spec". The later was upgraded with several Wilson parts.

M Sharpe

Thanks Brad!! That looks like a real shooter you have there! I've always been partial to the 1911's for a couple reasons. #1- single stack magazines always felt better in my hands, #2 .45 caliber, with just 7 or 8 rounds, you tend to slow down and make every shot count!

Big Treble, I see I mistook your meaning. I had a Springfield National Match one time that would only shoot hardball ammo, which is what the originals were designed to shoot. I tried everything in the world to get that gun to shoot a hollow point round. Nothing doing! That's why I replaced it with a Kimber.  Fortunately interest has peaked in the 1911's and manufactures  are listening to the public.

Mark
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Big Treble

Quote from: M Sharpe on January 17, 2015, 06:30:30 PM

Big Treble, I see I mistook your meaning. I had a Springfield National Match one time that would only shoot hardball ammo, which is what the originals were designed to shoot. I tried everything in the world to get that gun to shoot a hollow point round. Nothing doing! That's why I replaced it with a Kimber.  Fortunately interest has peaked in the 1911's and manufactures  are listening to the public.

Mark

No big deal, not even sure I used the right terminology.  It was just the definition I grew up with.

You couldn't get it to shoot or load?

Last build I did on a AR  has a Wilson barrel was pretty picky, bet I had 100 hours, in range time and finding the perfect bullet/powder combo. Just about sent the barrel back, but finally found the magic combo.

mikejd

Beautiful gun Brad. Are you getting ready for something.  ;). You have been stocking up.

ILIKEHEVI-13