OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Poa/poi and double beads

Started by turkey buster, January 16, 2015, 10:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey buster

With vent ribbed barrels with double beads have you found the poa and poi close? Or is it like any other gun and just depends?

paboxcall

The couple double bead guns I've had have been pretty close, with the exception of one.  I had a Mossberg 500 with rib/double bead that had a POI 3-4 inches left and 2-3 inches low.  The add on fiber optic sights almost fixed this problem, still had to float the fiber optic sights a bit right to get the pattern centered.  Missed a big gobbler close because of that.

The above is a good example of why people need to pattern their guns, and not just assume.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

turkey buster

I always use the TG mag gobble dot or mueller on my rigs for turkey, but just wondered since that double bead really tightens you up on your aim

dirt road ninja

It just depends. The weapon should be checked.

devin4484

Two of my unlce's use the twin beads on their 835 with the factory ext turkey choke and have killed alot of turkeys in the 10 yrs I've been hunting with them.  Think they have only missed 1 each in that period too.

Spring Creek Calls

Lining up the mid bead and the front bead insures your head is down and you have the correct view down the rib. POI could still be off.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Gooserbat

You just will have to shoot and find out.  anytime you use a front and rear sight it will improve your shooting regardless as to whether it's a twin bead, rifle type, or ghost ring. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.