OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Odd things you've seen.

Started by Model 1300, January 13, 2015, 08:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Model 1300

What is the weirdest thing you've very seen or heard while in the woods?
"Stop flinching it's just a 3 1/2 inch Magnum" said the old man.

Turkey and I have a love hate relationship.

vaturkey

Vaturkey

ShortSpurs

What va said, matter of fact I've seen a few. Where I hunt, its steep ravines, really hilly rough country and the local hill people back in there are noted for their "shine".

West Augusta

A couple hundred feet of copper wire and some well rusted bolt cutters.  Somebody was stealing from the coal company and the guard must have run them off.  They never did come back for the wire.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

JK Spurs

A brand new F150 that someone stole off a car lot and went 4 wheeling. They stuck a block on the gas pedal and let it go! That truck got jammed between a couple trees and buried itself in the mud. Would have been a good Ford commercial with the terrain it made it through.
I like my turkey well peppered

Snoodsniper

A Sasquatch beat me up and took my jack links...

BowBendr

I was hunting way back in the woods of western NC back in the late 80's. I came upon an old man that walked out into a clearing behind an old forestry service depot building. He was wearing a yellow rainsuit, carrying a shovel. He had an old dog with him. The man, dog, shovel and rainsuit were all covered head-to-toe in blood. Copious ammounts of bright blood. Ain't been back to that spot since....

mgm1955

Quote from: JK Spurs on January 13, 2015, 09:55:51 PM
A brand new F150 that someone stole off a car lot and went 4 wheeling. They stuck a block on the gas pedal and let it go! That truck got jammed between a couple trees and buried itself in the mud. Would have been a good Ford commercial with the terrain it made it through.
Quote from: BowBendr on January 13, 2015, 10:32:39 PM
I was hunting way back in the woods of western NC back in the late 80's. I came upon an old man that walked out into a clearing behind an old forestry service depot building. He was wearing a yellow rainsuit, carrying a shovel. He had an old dog with him. The man, dog, shovel and rainsuit were all covered head-to-toe in blood. Copious ammounts of bright blood. Ain't been back to that spot since....
I would have gotten in that truck and gotten out of there as fast as I could!!

captin_hook

There's a groundhog that has been living near one of hunting spots for a few years now. He climbs this one particular tree. He goes up about 15 feet and sits on the same limb and watches the field I hunt. He's been doing it for years.  He's funny to watch during downtime when hunting

CASH

Deer hunting in Texas a few years ago, we were standing at the camp and a malnutritioned doe walked about 30 feet in front of us and fell over dead.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Crappiepro

This year's Shotgun season was an odd thing, I shot a doe at about 80 yrds. I was walking n to my spot and seen her in the lower field. I took the shot and dropped her. I went and walked on down the hill to my spot. I stood there about and thought if the rut was on, thats as good as bait I could have. She laid there and never made any movement.
30 or so minutes later, I see movement and she is back on her feet and just walks off the field!
I couldn't even think of what may have happened LOL! I went to where she was laying and seen no blood in the snow, no hair, no sign of injury what so ever. I followed the trail she took through the woods until I came to the large creek she had to have crossed.
Never seeing any sign's of a wound!
Who Know's!

willy8457

A full curl Ram that got loose from a preserve in Central Pa,

bamagtrdude

I shot a doe a few years back, and she stood STRAIGHT UP on her hind legs, FRONT LEGS were thrown STRAIGHT UP in the air (like, YOU GOT ME) and then she slowly fell down onto her back (ttttimmmm-BBBEEEERRRRR!!)...  At that moment, I wished I had had a GoPro!!  I nearly fell out of my tree, laughing so hard.
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

wisconsinteacher

Dad and I had an odd one happen while fishing on nice fall day.  We were one of 2 boats on the lake catching some crappies.  As we were drifting, we passed the other boat and said hello to the old guy as he was rowing back to make another pass.  After that we left and the following day, another group found him.  He had passed away after we saw him.  Every time we go back we talk about him and think about how we were the last people he talked to and how he was all smiles because the fish were biting and the sun was making the fall colors stand out.  It was like he was at peace and knew he was spending his last day on Earth doing what he enjoyed.

guesswho

I've had several weird experiences.

Found a human leg in Laurens county Georgia a few years ago while turkey hunting.  Also found a moonshine still within 1/4 mile from the leg. 

About 35 years ago in Central Florida I found a crop of Marijuana plants while turkey hunting.

Also in Central Florida I found a skinned out dog hanging in a tree.  And in the same area a couple years after that I found a pair of tennis shoes, jeans, t-shirt and ball cap laid out on the ground like someone laying there.   The shirt had a railroad spike stuck through the shirt and into the ground in the chest area. 

Found a capsized boat with what looked like bullet holes in the bottom still attached to the trailer in a pit far off the nearest road. 

That's just a few of the things I've run across.

Oh, and I killed this in the Green Swamp Management are in Central Florida in the early 80's.

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff